BX2200 LA211 Loader Leak from Tube 1 from Hydraulic Block

/ BX2200 LA211 Loader Leak from Tube 1 from Hydraulic Block #1  

diesel85

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Does anyone have any pictures of how their steel tubes for loader run underneath their BX2200 for their LA211 loader? Particularly where the lift arm is for the MMM.

If someone could take a picture of their MMM arm lifted and lowered where those loader tubes are, that would be sweet!

My lift arm for the MMM seems to be hitting Tube 1 causing it to leak from the hydraulic block on the side of the transmission/pump. Unfortunately, I don't remember it being that low/never paid much attention to it.

I'm going to clean it up and check the tightness before buying a new tube. Luckily the tube (75538-68402 -- TUBE 1,PUMP) only costs right around $34.85 from Colemans, and a few minutes of my time.

I just want to make sure that when I put the new tube in, if I have to, that it's not going to result in the same issue later down the road.

I'm just wondering if my tube was installed incorrectly from the assembly process and that it finally cropped up over time.

Tomorrow when I do my preliminary diagnosis with the rear tire removed, I will take some pictures. My first step is to thoroughly clean the area up, and then check for tightness. I'm hoping all it needs to be done is tightened. My luck isn't always that good... my luck the flange on the tube is messed up from the pounding from the lift arm over time.

/ BX2200 LA211 Loader Leak from Tube 1 from Hydraulic Block #2  
I just sold my bx2200, and in part b/c the FEL hydro tubes were so low and exposed. IIRC the tubes go through a clamp on the left side w/ some sort of plastic/rubber bit to prevent wear. The rubber/plastic bits wear leaving the tubes rattling around. That may be your issue.

/ BX2200 LA211 Loader Leak from Tube 1 from Hydraulic Block
Interesting. I don't even remember the rubber/plastic bits on the tubes up front. I will need to look closer.

Yeah, the BX is more of a commercial grade lawn/garden tractor. However, for the work it's done for me, I love it -- it always put a smile on my face.

I know in a year or two, I plan on upgrading to a much larger tractor... I hate the thought of trading it in, only because it's one heck of a reliable machine and the fact that it was my very first tractor with a loader that I owned.

The next person that gets this machine is in for a well-tuned and oiled machine for many many years to come.

I got lucky.

It wasn't the Tube 1, it was the 45 degree fitting from the Tube 1 to the Hydraulic Block. Somehow it got a little loose.

1.jpg
Filthy mess!! This is another reason I will get a rear mount mower on my next machine...

2.jpg
Cleaned up to see the actual leak. I ran the machine and carefully watched to see where exactly it was leaking.

3.jpg
See how low this Tube 1 is? Kind of odd...never really sought any attention to this. Is this normal?

4.jpg
Here is where the MMM lift arm has been hitting the Tube 1. No damages to the Tube 1, but it put an indentation in the lift arm.

5.jpg
Pin pointed the leak source, and used a 9/16 open end wrench to tighten the 45 degree fitting. It was indeed slightly loose. After doing so, I then proceeded to run the machine for 20 minutes and kept examining it. No more leaks!

I then checked the hydraulic fluid, and it was still within the markings. I then topped it off to make it right in the middle on the dipstick.

I then put the wheel back on, and test drove it around my property for about 2 miles, then checked the dipstick. Fluid level looked perfect and no more leaks!

Yay!

/ BX2200 LA211 Loader Leak from Tube 1 from Hydraulic Block #5  
Here is the way my lines are routed. They are very close to the station deck.

Attachments

• IMG_6568.JPG
    IMG_6568.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 149
Thanks for the picture. It helps tremendously!

Next time I do my oil change and take my deck off, I am going to have another look at those lines. It's just weird that the one sits so low and vulnerable.

I'm wondering if it wasn't plumbed correctly when it was assembled? Maybe they switched up the tubes?

Like I said, very odd it's sitting down so low.

I'm just happy it was a quick and easy fix.

/ BX2200 LA211 Loader Leak from Tube 1 from Hydraulic Block #7  
Either it wasn't installed right or a stick or something got jammed under there and bent the tube. My guess anyway.