Grading BX23 or BX24 and front blade

/ BX23 or BX24 and front blade #1  

ccsial

Veteran Member
Tractor
(Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1900 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new
I'm thinking about a BX24 and want to put a BX2763A 60" hydraulic angle blade on it for winter. If any of you have this setup I have two questions.

1. Does the blade have float control? (my dealer is not sure but thinks not)

2. How easy does the blade go on and off?

/ BX23 or BX24 and front blade #2  
You can use the float position on the valve, works great!
Get the HD wear bar and skid plate setup.

I purchased the rubber "squeegee" plate to reduce marks on the driveway... big mistake. Left more rubber marks and worn out after about 10 hours of use.

Very easy to install. My quick attach plate had a high weld inside, so it was hard to latch til I corrected that problem.

Front blade better than snowblower for the Midwest snows. Perfect for accumulations under 6 inches. Works well for up to 12 inches, unless it is a wet snow. Will blade fine, but may need to finish up with FEL to stack the larger piles. I can cover the same area in about one-fourth the time with the blade as compared to the FEL and a lot less wear. The hydraulic angle feature is an absolute must.

Swapping them out takes less than 5 minutes. You can transport with both in place on the tractor.

The blade also works well for light grading and gravel road maintenance , but I primarily use it for snow removal.

Hope all of this helps with your decision.

/ BX23 or BX24 and front blade
teachdocs said:
You can use the float position on the valve, works great!
Get the HD wear bar and skid plate setup.

I purchased the rubber "squeegee" plate to reduce marks on the driveway... big mistake. Left more rubber marks and worn out after about 10 hours of use.

Very easy to install. My quick attach plate had a high weld inside, so it was hard to latch til I corrected that problem.

Front blade better than snowblower for the Midwest snows. Perfect for accumulations under 6 inches. Works well for up to 12 inches, unless it is a wet snow. Will blade fine, but may need to finish up with FEL to stack the larger piles. I can cover the same area in about one-fourth the time with the blade as compared to the FEL and a lot less wear. The hydraulic angle feature is an absolute must.

Swapping them out takes less than 5 minutes. You can transport with both in place on the tractor.

The blade also works well for light grading and gravel road maintenance , but I primarily use it for snow removal.

Hope all of this helps with your decision.

That sounds great. I have an L3400HST with a rear mounted snow blower and I have been using the JD355D with a blade for the small snows of a couple inches or less. I have a tree lined drive and the blower is great to prevent building up the edges. The 355D is 2WD and a bit of a pain. I figured if I got a BX24 it could replace the 355D for winter duty and the 355D would only mow. The BX24 would not mow at all. I wanted to be sure it had float. For the real wet snow I use the rear blade on the 1910.

The dealer mentioned the rubber squeegee. I have one of those on the 355D and it has seen 5 seasons and is still OK. It does mark the drive at all. Sounds like the Kubota squeegee may be too soft. I may get a JD squeegee and put on the BX24. The skid plates sound good too. I was concerned last year when we got 5" of pure slush and I used the 1910 and rear blade but it did not mark up the drive. No skid plates on that blade.

Thanks for the info.