Price Check BX23 Pricing

/ BX23 Pricing #1  

AB4D

Silver Member
Tractor
Prior: Kubota BX-23, Kubota L3430HSTC, Kubota ZG23, L3560 HSTC Limited Edition, Current: L6060 HSTC
I received a quote of $16,800 for a new BX 23 with a 60 inch cutting deck. Is this a decent price? I am supposed to finalize the deal on Thursday. Thanks for any input.

Jim ab4d@aol.com

/ BX23 Pricing #2  
That would be an excellent price in my area, and from what I read of other regions of the country, our prices tend to be lower than most. I have been quoted that machine in the neighborhood of $15,900 without any mowing deck.

Sounds like you need to jump on it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ BX23 Pricing #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I received a quote of $16,800 for a new BX 23 with a 60 inch cutting deck. Is this a decent price? I am supposed to finalize the deal on Thursday. Thanks for any input.

Jim ab4d@aol.com )</font>

Mine was 15500

/ BX23 Pricing #4  
Do not forget to add a block heater ($35) and high output alternator ($ 165) to the deal. I think the BX now comes with a 4 way valve for the FEL if not, get it now if you ever plan to a front atachment via the front quick hitch.

/ BX23 Pricing #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do not forget to add a block heater ($35) and high output alternator ($ 165) to the deal. I think the BX now comes with a 4 way valve for the FEL if not, get it now if you ever plan to a front atachment via the front quick hitch. )</font>

9 out of 10 customers get no value out of either of those options. Unless you have a specific need for them I would not bother.

/ BX23 Pricing #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 9 out of 10 customers get no value out of either of those options. Unless you have a specific need for them I would not bother. )</font>

I guess I must be the 1 out of 10. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I did not buy these extras on the advice of my dealer. BUT I ended up spending the $$$ after the fact. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gifI did not get a 4 way valve, did not know one was available and my dealer did not suggest a $50 add on at the time of the order. Now I kick myself since I now have a front snowblower and would have been nice to get a front blade. But since a 4 way valve is $500, it is not going to happen. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

If you plan to add lights, which you will because the lights on the BX are worthless particularly if you have the FEL on. The stock alternator I think is 15 amps. So if you install more then two 55 watt lights, you may have problems. 2 x 55 watts = 110 watts divided by 12 = 9.16 amps, plus the normal electric load of the tractor and you will be close to the capacity of the alternator. So is it worth $165, if you plan adding more then two lights I think it is. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you plan to store your tractor outside and it gets below freezing, your tractor will appreciate a block heater. Will it start without one? sure; will you like the sounds it makes, perhaps not, for $35 it is cheap insurance and your tractor will love you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

These are the facts, you can decide if you want to spend the extra $$$.

Post pictures of the new rig, we love pictures.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX23 Pricing #7  
**** NO!
That price is TOO high.
I've just now been looking at the market and my local dealer quoted me a price of 13.5K with a loader and 60" mower.
In Missouri by the way.

/ BX23 Pricing
Dane,

Where in Missouri? I could fly into Missouri and have a BX23 shipped to VA; if he is selling BX 23's for 13,500 with a 60 inch cutting deck. You also mentioned the loader, but the BX23 comes with the loader and the backhoe attachment. Are you sure you priced the BX23?, that price sounds closer to the BX1830/BX2230.

/ BX23 Pricing #9  
Sounds about right with the approx 4% price increase I was told would happen at the 1st of the year. I gave approx 4.1% less than your quoted price back in Dec.

They were really wanting to move the BX2230's back in Dec as I was quoted $12,000.00 which included the FEL & 60" MMM. They said it was a package deal put together by Kubota. I expect thats raised now also.

Volfandt

/ BX23 Pricing #10  
Sorry,
You guys are right. It WAS a 2230. I got prematurely excited by the price! I'm just a dumb newbe trying to learn.
Sorry again