BX2350: 4WD appears to lock the rear diff

/ BX2350: 4WD appears to lock the rear diff #11  
Jack up the back end so you can spin the rear tires by hand. With the tractor in 2wd, neutral, see if the rear wheels spin in opposite directions when you turn them manually. That's classic behavior for a standard differential and tells you it's working normally. If the diff lock is engaged, it wouldn't do that. I expect yours is fine and just applying power to the inside wheel in a turn.

This is not necessarily the case. The easiest thing to spin will spin. Sometimes that's the opposite wheel in the opposite direction, sometimes it is easier for it to spin the pinion bearing and the entire carrier. If you want to test to see if your differential is locked, you need to only jack up one wheel. If it spins, it's not locked. If it won't spin, then something is holding it in place. It could be the other wheel, it could be a hanging brake, it could be another issue.

/ BX2350: 4WD appears to lock the rear diff #12  
This is not necessarily the case. The easiest thing to spin will spin. Sometimes that's the opposite wheel in the opposite direction, sometimes it is easier for it to spin the pinion bearing and the entire carrier. If you want to test to see if your differential is locked, you need to only jack up one wheel. If it spins, it's not locked. If it won't spin, then something is holding it in place. It could be the other wheel, it could be a hanging brake, it could be another issue.

Er, aah, umm... yup. Thanks for a way more better explanation!

/ BX2350: 4WD appears to lock the rear diff #13  
Grandad4....
I hope my post didn't sound like "no...do it this way ******". I wrote it on the way out the door to a soccer game and maybe wasn't as tactful as I could have been. No harm meant! :drink: