BX2350 Possible Transmission Problem

/ BX2350 Possible Transmission Problem #1  

CountryJohn

Tractor
Kubota BX2350
I've got a BX2350, HST, 1300 hours on it, had it for 11 years, basically no problems.
Well maintained, oil & hydraulic fluid levels OK, air filter seems OK. Started to use it last week, after leaving it sitting for 2 weeks.
(When I put it up, it was running just fine.)

Problem: engine revs, sounds OK, but when I try to put it in gear (either forward or reverse) it stalls.
I can move the tractor slightly by applying minimal pressure to pedal, but anything more than bare minimum will stall it.
Same, whether in 2WD or 4WD.

I thought it might be a matter of water condensate in fuel, so added fuel treatment. Once or twice in the past the machine has wanted to stall either on a slope, or when mowing thick grass, and fuel treatment seemed to fix the problem.
But this time it didn't seem to make any difference.

I'm going to check the fuel filter, but the engine sounds normal, as far as I can tell.

Anybody had a problem like this with one of these machines?

/ BX2350 Possible Transmission Problem
Whew! Solved it, I think. Guessing it might have something to do with the safety shut-off mechanisms, I checked the linkage to the two pedals underneath, and also the safety switch under the seat.
Both areas looked like some critter was planning to make a nest there. Full of sticks and twigs.
Blew out both areas with compressed air (and carefully by hand) and cranked her up.
Problem solved!
Who would have thought it would be something that simple?

Still baffled as to the exact mechanism that was in play here.
In past cases, the safety mechanism would shut things down totally and completely.
In this case, the engine still ran, but anything more than the minimum attempt to get it in gear would stall it.

But darn glad she's running again.