Loader BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking?

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #21  
Just had my bx2380 picked up for leaking FEL quad connection. This has been intermittent. One time it drips, and the the next it is almost pours. I’ve detached and reattached but it’s a crap shoot. Driver mentioned it could be a seal as it appears to be leaking from the lower connection closest to the driver.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #22  
Just had my bx2380 picked up for leaking FEL quad connection. This has been intermittent. One time it drips, and the the next it is almost pours. I’ve detached and reattached but it’s a crap shoot. Driver mentioned it could be a seal as it appears to be leaking from the lower connection closest to the driver.

Dealer called and said they are waiting for a new part to fix the leak. Should be back early next week.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #23  
MB tractor Gorham called and said repairs had been done. Said they replaced the manifold. Not sure if they mean the whole thing or half. As soon as I get it back I’ll try to remember to write follow up here.
Thanks mb for taking care of this

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #24  
Trying to decipher the work order and it looks like they used a repair kit that cost almost $80 retail. Anyway, so far no leaks.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #25  
Just got new flat face female connectors and the adapters to replace the poorly designed quad connector for my 2380. Three wrenches and a bit of Teflon thread tape and it doesn’t leak a bit. I know the dealer would take it back under warranty and he did once, took two weeks plus to get the parts and it started leaking again. At some point he would start charging me a pick up charge.
The parts cost less than transport fee! These skid steer connectors are much easier and cleaner that the ag ones. Besides I don’t have any need to remove the FEL as I can change out for my plow with the qa feature. EE7DD76A-423B-4307-89FA-811DD121B0EE.jpg
Amazon sells the flat faced couplers. The adapters are available on eBay.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #26  
Can you tell me the the specs for the couplers and adapters? Are they 1/2 inch couplers? What kind of adapters are needed ? I have the same problem the dealer has not been able to fix this leak.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #27  
The fittings are 1/2 inch. You need a 1/2 inch male npt with a 3/8 male jic.

/ BX2380 Quad Hydraulic FEL disconnect leaking? #30  
Are you sure that's 1/2npt, looks more like 1/4npt?

Also for anyone looking, I've had good luck with these couplers, especially for the money. Hydraulic Hose Disconnect Fittings - Flush Face & Skid Steer
Are those still quick connect? I mean can you pop each of the 4 off or do you have to unscrew each line to take off and put on the loader?

I'm back for the 3rd time at the dealer now. Very frustrated. I've been through 5 gallons of hydraulic fluid now at $70 each 2.5 gallon jug. My dealer is great, but this problem is frustrating. This is my 3rd Kubota and I've never had a problem like this. I got to where I had to spend nearly 2 hours to get the connection last time to just put the dang loader on to take back to the dealer. Fluid pouring the whole time. I'm sure I'll need to add another 2.5 gallons when they are done. I told him they need to really test it this time or preferably just take the manifold off and set it up like my old BX2370. I never had problems with the individual ones.

I had talked this tractor up to a buddy at work. He bought one. He is starting to have the symptoms now. This one part is just a terrible design. that and the exhaust blowing down into the dirt in front of you.