bx2660 bushhog squealer leaves strip???

/ bx2660 bushhog squealer leaves strip??? #11  
How tall is the grass you are cutting? extremely tall grass may be knocked down, but not get cut clean, especially on the side the blade is rotating to the front (Right side). On the other side, the rotation tends to stand it back up & cut cleaner. Solution is to cut more often, or do 1/2 width cut.

/ bx2660 bushhog squealer leaves strip??? #12  
How tall is the grass you are cutting? extremely tall grass may be knocked down, but not get cut clean, especially on the side the blade is rotating to the front (Right side). On the other side, the rotation tends to stand it back up & cut cleaner. Solution is to cut more often, or do 1/2 width cut.

This sounds the most reasonable since all the other things mentioned would affect the cut on both sides.

/ bx2660 bushhog squealer leaves strip???
no slip clutch it has shear pin and the grass is around 12 to 18 in tall at the most its the real fine foxtail weed maybe that could be the problem

/ bx2660 bushhog squealer leaves strip??? #14  
Two thoughts. Try mowing back wards for a ways to make sure it is your mower causing the problem and not just your wheels mashing the grass down so your blades don't hit it and make sure you are running at the correct engine RPM, about 3100 I think. If you are use to a bigger tractor, this is going to seem to high, but you need it to get your blade tip speed where it needs to be especially in grass this time of year.

/ bx2660 bushhog squealer leaves strip??? #15  
I have a 4 foot Squeller. It has one blade not two. I also have the same problem, it's because the tractor tire is flattening out the grass before the cutter gets to it. What I do is leave a strip out side of the tractor tire each time I go around counter clockwise and they when finished I go back around clockwise and mow the uncut strip and the cutter will stand up the prviously knocked down wheel track and cut it as well. I found this does a good job.

/ bx2660 bushhog squealer leaves strip???
i will try that and see if it works thanks for all the help

/ bx2660 bushhog squealer leaves strip??? #17  
no slip clutch it has shear pin and the grass is around 12 to 18 in tall at the most its the real fine foxtail weed maybe that could be the problem

Tall, thick foxtail is going to be tough to get a good cut on, and definately not in one pass. You will most likely have to make a pass in one direction and then come back the other to try to stand up as much of the grass as you can and then cut it more often if you want it to look nicely mowed.

I'm going to guess (like others have) that your tires are laying the grass down and the grass on the right side is laying in the same direction as the blade travel on the cutter. Sounds like you are going to have an excuse for more seat time :D

/ bx2660 bushhog squealer leaves strip??? #18  
I have a 4 foot Squeller. It has one blade not two. I also have the same problem, it's because the tractor tire is flattening out the grass before the cutter gets to it. What I do is leave a strip out side of the tractor tire each time I go around counter clockwise and they when finished I go back around clockwise and mow the uncut strip and the cutter will stand up the prviously knocked down wheel track and cut it as well. I found this does a good job.

Not saying I have the correct terms here but when they are talking about two blades they are talking about the cutter having two cutting "ends" on the single cross member or stump jumper they bolt to. If you really have only one cutting end or blade think you really would have a unbalanced machine and also one slow cut. The cutting part or blades bolt on for they are made to wear and be replaced.

/ bx2660 bushhog squealer leaves strip??? #19  
Yes I stand corrected, I guess I was thinking he had two indepenent drive spindals. Mine has two blades conected to a center spindel(stump jumper) and they pivot on individual bolts. These things almost always require you to cut a second time in the reverse direction. I also have a Ferris 61" zero turn that I use to cut my horse pastures with and it does a much better job and actualy is much faster. I just leave the deck in the raised travel position.