BX2670 and Tektite cab opinions

/ BX2670 and Tektite cab opinions #1  

pinkta

Tractor
Kubota BX2670
I sort of wish I knew of this site before I got this far but here I am.

I have a brand new (unused so far)BX2670 with most of the attachments. I bought it primarily to blow snow and the cab was dear to me. As luck(??) would have it,in the last 30 days i bought an acreage that has 4 acres of lawn. The BX will be very nice for this as well.

Before I found this site I ordered a Tektite hardside deluxe cab for the tractor. It seemed to be a well thought out product especially due to the fact you can remove the ROPS from the unit.

Kubota BX60 and BX70 Series Deluxe Cab | Cab | Tektite Manufacturing Inc.

Above is the link to the cab, not sure how to hyperlink it.

My question is "does anyone have any experience with this cab and what do you think?"

Thank you in advance

Glenn

tektite%20001.jpgtektite%20002.jpgtimthumb1.jpg

/ BX2670 and Tektite cab opinions #2  
Kind of pricey, looks sweet though. I like the glass w/black than glass w/orange.

/ BX2670 and Tektite cab opinions #3  
Welcome to TBN.I have an open station 2620 and am jealous of your cab......looks great.

/ BX2670 and Tektite cab opinions #4  
I sort of wish I knew of this site before I got this far but here I am. I have a brand new (unused so far)BX2670 with most of the attachments. I bought it primarily to blow snow and the cab was dear to me. As luck(??) would have it,in the last 30 days i bought an acreage that has 4 acres of lawn. The BX will be very nice for this as well. Before I found this site I ordered a Tektite hardside deluxe cab for the tractor. It seemed to be a well thought out product especially due to the fact you can remove the ROPS from the unit. Kubota BX60 and BX70 Series Deluxe Cab | Cab | Tektite Manufacturing Inc. Above is the link to the cab, not sure how to hyperlink it. My question is "does anyone have any experience with this cab and what do you think?" Thank you in advance Glenn

Looks a little like the Pope mobile! LOL I like the glass all around and it does look well made. More pricey than the Curtis Cab that I have but it looks more air tight. You will enjoy having a cab during the winter while blowing snow.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ BX2670 and Tektite cab opinions #5  
I agree it will be great in winter. My 2660 does not have a cab and I am jealous---in winter.

In summer, I wouldn't have a cab on my tractor. My B2410 has one and it amplifies the engine noise significantly. Hopefully, you can remove the doors and perhaps a back panel for ventilation.

/ BX2670 and Tektite cab opinions #6  
My brother was so impressed with my BX 2350 that he went and ordered a BX2650 with a tektite cab to take care of the parkade and grounds of a large community cultural centre that he manages in Edmonton. He uses it mainly to clear snow in the winter. It is equipped with the front blade, broom, snowblower and fel. The cab is warm with the heater, sight lines are good, and the noise levels in the cab are not bad. I am quite envious as his budget afforded him all the bells and whistles. I have to bundle up like the Michelin man when I go out to clear out my 600ft driveway.:thumbsup:

/ BX2670 and Tektite cab opinions #7  
I don't know if the cab offers heat. I wouldn't bother getting heat, as I hardly use the heater in my B3030. The green house effect keeps ya pretty warm.

/ BX2670 and Tektite cab opinions #8  
I bought a $25 electric truck stop heater for my mine helps take the chill off I also noticed there are 30 amp models available that should put out substantially more heat for about 50 bucks. The only negatives I have are the noise. I'm surprised how noisy it is inside the cab. It's bearable but I was expecting it to be more like a car or truck. How about you guys noticing the same thing?I know the factory installed Kubota cabs are much quieter? I'll be interested to hear from you guys with Kubotas and aftermarket cabs.