Cabelas Close Outs

/ Cabelas Close Outs #31  
And if you look at the big picture, Tym built the tractors and made money on them when they sold them to cabelas originally. Tym has that many more tractors in the country than the eyes would have had otherwise.

/ Cabelas Close Outs #33  
Too bad in these parts TYM dealers are few and far between. Searching TYM dealer network I found one roughly 30 miles away. I called the shop, more of a chainsaw/lawnmower type dealer and asked if he had any on hand to look at, 3 on hand but all lower hp. When I asked how long they carried TYM his response was "Ohh about 5-6 months". I want to say there are 3 dealers total MN. How are some others on here seeing TYM dealers in there areas? Wonder if any state has good TYM coverage? I'd love to see them become more common place because that's basically what holding me back from a purchase but I can see it now, pass up this deal and bam TYM dealers become as common as Deere.

/ Cabelas Close Outs #34  
Too bad in these parts TYM dealers are few and far between. Searching TYM dealer network I found one roughly 30 miles away. I called the shop, more of a chainsaw/lawnmower type dealer and asked if he had any on hand to look at, 3 on hand but all lower hp. When I asked how long they carried TYM his response was "Ohh about 5-6 months". I want to say there are 3 dealers total MN. How are some others on here seeing TYM dealers in there areas? Wonder if any state has good TYM coverage? I'd love to see them become more common place because that's basically what holding me back from a purchase but I can see it now, pass up this deal and bam TYM dealers become as common as Deere.

I really really like the Massey product I bought last spring. But before I did I looked and considered at almost any brand available in my 150 mile radius. I saw cabelas units numerous times at 3 Cabelas in ourvarea . . but I liked tje massey products better. But I never saw an actual TYM dealer or TYM product that didn't say Cabrlas on it.

I'm guessing as you go South you see more of them.

Last edited:
   / Cabelas Close Outs #35  
There are TYM dealers in Michigan, I don't know how many, but there is more than one...

SR

/ Cabelas Close Outs #36  
There are TYM dealers in Michigan, I don't know how many, but there is more than one...

SR

I've always felt Cabela's was a well managed operation (in comparison to many retailers). Like many . . I felt they were "reaching" when they went to boats and outboards . . only to watch them flourish at it. Again when they started the Land Management . . it seemed an odd effort. Yet when you see how limited TYM dealers are in many locations . . . but yet their product is competitive. I sense Cabela's had a good idea that just took too long to develop and was in a less desirable economic condition than was expected.

In other words . . they may have had a better idea than I once thought (because TYM didn't have a lot of competing TYM dealers) . . Cabela's just didn't get the idea implemented as timely as it should have. Its also interesting that at a tough time in the stock market for retailers . . Cabela's stock is not just stable, but actually growing in value not . . demonstrating its a survivor of its errors as well as its successes . . . and that it will be around to deal with its warranty commitments too, for those who choose a (or chose) a Cabelas tractor :)

Last edited: