Tractor News Cabelas has tractors!!??

/ Cabelas has tractors!!?? #203  
Cabelas sent me a nice offer today. Their LM35 with a hydro trans, FEL, and a mower (brush hog) for 19,999. You also receive a $500 gift card for the store.

Combining this with a zero interest rate could really get these selling.

If you like blue, for the same price you can get an LS XR3032 that has the same PTO power, an extra standard remote, weighs about the same (200lbs more), and has a far more capable loader.

/ Cabelas has tractors!!?? #204  
"...Cabelas sells boats too but I forget what brand as well as Nissan outboards...."

Nissan outboards are no more:

Nissan Marine will stop producing outboards | Trade Only Today

Of course, Nissan outboards were simply re-badged Tohatsus. Now those with Nissan outboards will need to
figure out where to get them serviced. Perhaps a Tohatsu dealer, but then maybe not. I had a Mazda pickup (a re-badged Ford
Ranger) and used to have it worked on @ a Ford/Mazda dealership. Then they dropped Mazda, and only sold Fords, and even though
they USED to deal in Mazdas, and even though my truck was essentially a Ranger, they refused to work on it anymore. Ford would not
let them. Kinda like Kubota dealers are not allowed to work on "gray-market" kubotas.

For a while Toyota made inboard boats and inboard engines. When they discontinued production, the molds for the fiberglass boats
were destroyed, and while Toyota committed themselves to supplying parts for the engines for 10 years, where do you get them
serviced? A Toyota car dealer? Doubt it.

Where would one get a Daihatsu car repaired in the U.S. today? (Or a Ford Cortina, for you elderly guys)

If I was going to spend the buck$ on a new tractor, it would be name that has been around for a while. Just because it is
"sourced" from a manufacturer that has "been around for a while" aint good enough. There can still be problems with
parts * service.

For a used tractor, I would be more flexible, especially since an "orphan" would go cheaper than a "name brand."

But while I did buy a Mitsubishi, I don't think that I would buy a Belarus...

/ Cabelas has tractors!!?? #205  
Ha, I bought a 6hp Tohatsu for my duck boat (OnlineOutboards). Same as Nissan and Mercury for a few hundred less. Nice running basic motor but a bit cold blooded. No worries about service and parts for that simple engine.