Cadillac needs brakes, any suggestions?

/ Cadillac needs brakes, any suggestions? #1  

QRTRHRS

Elite Member
Tractor
None at this time.
We have an 04' Cadillac CTS, 3.6 V6 with 147k on the clock. We bought it with 60k miles and it was supposed to have had new pads on the front only. I want to replace all four rotors, pads and the emergency brake shoes. For you GM experts, the suspension is the FE3. The line setting ticket states the optional performance brake package was added.

My issue is there are so many choices, it's mind boggling. I don't plan to do any street racing or road rallying, lol, I just want the thing to stop. While we don't plan on keeping the car forever, we won't be trading next week either.

Anyone recommend a source and level for one of those rotor/pad packages? Not counting the e-brake linings, I figure I am looking at 300-400 bucks.

/ Cadillac needs brakes, any suggestions? #2  
Power Stop | Extreme Performance Brake Systems
I bought a matched set of pads and rotors from this company and so far so good. I was a little perplexed at the choices as you were.
I was happy to see that someone took the guesswork out by offering the set. They also give you detailed break in instructions too. I bought ceramic and replaced the shocks and bearings as well
I recomend you buy from them.
I bought the parts through Rock Auto

/ Cadillac needs brakes, any suggestions? #3  
   / Cadillac needs brakes, any suggestions? #4  
I need to get brakes on the truck which has almost 200K miles. I think I have only had to replace the pads 2-3 times and maybe one set of rotors. I tell the shop to use Ford parts since I figured they are working well enough.

Later,
Dan

/ Cadillac needs brakes, any suggestions?
I need to get brakes on the truck which has almost 200K miles. I think I have only had to replace the pads 2-3 times and maybe one set of rotors. I tell the shop to use Ford parts since I figured they are working well enough.

Later,
Dan
If I was going to take it to GM then OEM would be fine but I like to do what I can to stretch my budget and I like to do as much as I can by myself. I have done brake jobs on just about everything including air brakes but the choices on this application are mind boggeling. The AC Delco website is not specific when I plug in the VIN number.

I ended up working with a local independent parts shop. I had entered my VIN into the AC Delco site along with searching Rockauto and other sites. My line setting ticket stated that the car was supposed to have the performance brakes. Confused by the various photos accompanying the offerings on the web, I decided to stay local. Good thing because even though the line setting ticket says that the car has the higher end brakes, it does indeed have a standard system.

Plus, without removing the rotors, I could not be sure of my emergency brake linings. The shop sold me a replacement set which I will be allowed to return because my lining was still in good shape. I can only imagine the hassle had I ordered online.