Cameras Anyone?

/ Cameras Anyone? #11  
With the sole purpose of posting pictures in TBN a smartphone will do a fine job and is easier to upload vs a camera. Used ones are fairly cheap and if you lower your standards to a cracked screen they’re really cheap.

/ Cameras Anyone? #12  
Did we have smartphones back in 2000? :D

/ Cameras Anyone? #13  
This is a really old thread and the technology has changed a lot since the thread was started and what was good back then has been replaced with much better and capable stuff now. All new research is needed to make a current decision.

/ Cameras Anyone? #15  
I've been using my employer supplied "iphone"... it wasn't until I tried to post a pic here yesterday that I realized that they look like they were taken through water. I can't believe that I miss my old Kyocera.
Zombie threads can be fun, in this case it's interesting to see how technology has changed in the last 20 years.

As an aside; about 10 years ago my parents took all of the old 8mm film of when we were growing up in the 60's and 70's and had them put on a disk. Talk about some scary film! :D

/ Cameras Anyone? #16  
I have plenty of phones and tablets that take 4K vids and nice pics but they are lacking in the distance department.
Many years ago I bought a Fujifilm S3000 3.2 Mp and 6 x Optical zoom.
Well I really never used it until now. I rediscovered it and it is still like new. It is brilliant for taking pics for the web as the photos don't have to be 'chopped' to keep their size down for posting. I am surprised just how good the pics are.
They can be picked up for around $20 to $30 bucks now.
I hate digital zoom so this cam is now my favourite for general photography and it still looks great.
One on ebay https://www.ebay.com/p/Fujifilm-FinePix-S-Series-S3000-3-2MP-Digital-Camera-Silver/100122216

/ Cameras Anyone? #17  
Many years ago I bought a Fujifilm S3000 3.2 Mp and 6 x Optical zoom.
Well I really never used it until now. ...

I hate digital zoom so this cam is now my favourite for general photography...[/url]

Ironically, just last week I powered up my Canon point and shoot with 4x optical zoom for this very reason. No contest between digital and optical zoom.

/ Cameras Anyone? #18  
Digital zoom is just cropping the image, not a true zoom so you will lose quality.

/ Cameras Anyone? #19  
Just bought a new phone about 3 weeks ago. It is a Huawei P30. Supposed to be the ducks nuts for vids and photos but I am not overly impressed. Supposedly 40 Mp. I really believe my old Samsung, my HTC M8, and my 2 iphones take better pics.
The video was lousy to put it bluntly and then I discovered it was not self focusing. Focus worked OK in normal pics.
Anyway I rang Huawei customer care and they talked me through resetting the phone back to factory standards and it has fixed the problem after a reboot. It has a 30 times digital zoom and seems OK now.
It does take good pics in the dusk without flash which is useful to me.

/ Cameras Anyone? #20  
Watching a lifestyle program about framing pics, they had a framed shot about 3'x4' on the wall and 'suggested' that all you need to do is find a nice scene and showed a shot of someone taking said photo with a smartphone, for a crystal clear enlargement that size I call BS, I have done 5'x5' with my camera but it comes down to good glass and processing (Nikon D800).