Can a mutt drag a 200lb roll?

/ Can a mutt drag a 200lb roll? #11  
I'm reminded of this scene below from the Amazon show Patriot, some kind of government training about how to handle a dog attack. The instructor says (paraphrased) to think of a dog as an 80lb man whose only asset is powerful jaws.

clip from the show, NSFW (cursing):

I did some research in the past about the strength of animals vs humans. I went into it thinking that humans are relatively weak for our size, as I've often heard about this animal or that animal being "10 times stronger than humans pound for pound." What I found was that no vertebrate is 10x stronger than we are, and that we're actually near the top of the list for strength vs size as far as vertebrates go. Most vertebrates are opposite of us, having more fast-twitch muscle fibers than slow-twitch, meaning they could deliver a harder/faster blow and/or react faster than us, but we can deliver more prolonged power output than just about anything but horses. The average chimp isn't 10 times stronger than the average man. Maybe 1.5-2 times. Chimps and horses are two of only a handful of animals that are stronger than us pound for pound, and dogs aren't in that handful (according to what I read) - we're about on the same level. So if I'm to believe that, then the "training" in the above video isn't as ridiculous as it sounds and the idea that my dog moved this thing is even more incredible.

You should double check your "research"...it's flawed...great and other ape primate muscle tissue is known to be at least 6 times as strong as human muscle...

/ Can a mutt drag a 200lb roll? #12  
We had a German Shepard when I was a kid. We moved from the city to the country and needed to keep the dog chained up when he was outside. We build a house for him and it weighed a lot, can't say how much but it took 4 strong men to move it, had to be several hundred pounds. Went outside one day and found the dog still chained to the dog house in the field a hundred yards from where it was supposed to be. We had to put in posts and secure the thing to the ground. Wouldn't surprise me at all that a dog could drag that to wherever it wanted to.

/ Can a mutt drag a 200lb roll?
You should double check your "research"...it's flawed...great and other ape primate muscle tissue is known to be at least 6 times as strong as human muscle...
That is old science and has been refuted.

EDIT to include source:
Chimpanzees do have stronger muscles than us – but they are not nearly as powerful as many people think.

“There’s this idea out there that chimpanzees are superhuman strong,” says Matthew O’Neill at the University of Arizona in Phoenix. Yet his team’s experiments and computer models show that a chimpanzee muscle is only about a third stronger than a human one of the same size.

This result matches well with the few tests that have been done, which suggest that when it comes to pulling and jumping, chimps are about 1.5 times as strong as humans relative to their body mass. But because they are lighter than the average person, humans can actually outperform them in absolute terms, say O’Neill.

/ Can a mutt drag a 200lb roll? #14  
LoL...it was proven as fact long ago...there is current data that proves this...just google it...!

LoL...it was proven as fact long ago...there is current data that proves this...just google it...!
I edited my post to include a source as you were typing this.

/ Can a mutt drag a 200lb roll? #16  
LoL...A single source that does not refute the muscle density structure between humans and primates etc...
BTW...that single source is a commercial web site that has no real credibility that anybody can write for...

Like I said do some real research...! LoL...

/ Can a mutt drag a 200lb roll? #17  
BTW...pulling and jumping feats are not exactly the most decisive way to determine strength...take grip and bite strengths for instance...

Here's another source which explains where all the hype that you're spouting comes from:

Slate writes: A chimpanzee had, pound for pound, as much as twice the strength of a human when it came to pulling weights. The apes beat us in leg strength, too, despite our reliance on our legs for locomotion.
[...]
Other, more impressive figures often pop up when chimp attacks happen. Some say that chimps are five to eight times stronger than humans, but those figures come from an old, poorly designed study, says John Hawkes, an evolutionary biologist:

The suspicious claim seems to have originated in a flapper-era study conducted by a biologist named John Bauman. … But the “five times” figure was refuted 20 years after Bauman’s experiments. In 1943, Glen Finch of the Yale primate laboratory rigged an apparatus to test the arm strength of eight captive chimpanzees. An adult male chimp, he found, pulled about the same weight as an adult man. Once he’d corrected the measurement for their smaller body sizes, chimpanzees did turn out to be stronger than humans—but not by a factor of five or anything close to it.
So apes are definitely stronger than humans, probably around twice as strong.

LoL...A single source that does not refute the muscle density structure between humans and primates etc...
BTW...that single source is a commercial web site that has no real credibility that anybody can write for...

Like I said do some real research...! LoL...
Yeah, I did the research, as I already said. Why are you being so confrontational about this? I'm not going to waste any more of my energy on you or this discussion. I've been in this situation enough times before to know that you won't read any source I cite but instead come up with a myriad of reasons why they aren't valid. You won't cite any relevant, modern, and credible sources yourself because, should you even expend the effort to find one (you probably won't), it won't agree with you, and you'll just keep on insisting that the onus is on me to "do some research" and disprove you. Well I don't care if you believe me, believe what you want. You do some research if you'd rather be educated and correct, than be the "winner" of an inconsequential online debate.

/ Can a mutt drag a 200lb roll? #19  
All I know is that when a female husky was in heat the boys would crush the welded wire fence with their jaws to get to her. I couldnt do it even if my jaw muscles were doubled.

/ Can a mutt drag a 200lb roll? #20  
LoL...You just don't get it...it's all about muscle density...that is where the facts are...not in some type of physical contraption contest...it's all about muscle tissue strength...!