Tiller Can a TC45 Gear Pull a 8' Tiller?

/ Can a TC45 Gear Pull a 8' Tiller? #1  

Flatheadyoungin

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45 Shuttle
I know soil condition is everything......

I would guess our soil is soft clay......I broke ground the other day with a counter-rotating 5hp, light duty, rear tine and it did great!

I read somewhere that you could remove a few of the tines????? True?

What about Long parts being hard to get....it looks like a little older model......

Any other things I should look out for?

/ Can a TC45 Gear Pull a 8' Tiller? #2  
An 8' tiller in clay ground is to much for your tractor. 5 or 6' would be my suggestion.

/ Can a TC45 Gear Pull a 8' Tiller?
i was going to go buy a 6' bush hog brand but after he told me he bent the drum that the tines were mounted to.......he took it to a welding/fab shop locally and they "fixed" it.....but i'm a little scared of it, now..

then i saw a pretty nice 8' for about what i wanted to spend.....i swear i saw somewhere on here where a guy was suggesting just to remove a few rows of tines.....sounds logical.....

An 8' tiller in clay ground is to much for your tractor. 5 or 6' would be my suggestion.

/ Can a TC45 Gear Pull a 8' Tiller? #4  
No

Heck, it probably won't even LIFT the 8' tiller.

6' would be perfect for a TC45

/ Can a TC45 Gear Pull a 8' Tiller? #6  
...I read somewhere that you could remove a few of the tines????? True?...

I would think so. I don't know if all 3 point tillers are this way, but at least on the Bush Hog tillers, the tines are replaceable(according to the Bush Hog tiller manual). If the tines on the one you are looking at are replaceable, I don't see any reason why you could not just remove some of them.

/ Can a TC45 Gear Pull a 8' Tiller? #7  
I would not suggest removing any tines. You will end up trying to turn much larger pieces of ground.

/ Can a TC45 Gear Pull a 8' Tiller? #8  
I would not suggest removing any tines. You will end up trying to turn much larger pieces of ground.

But if he removed just the tines on the ends (say the two end rows by the side plates) then you'd have about the same number as with a 6ft tiller. I don't see how it would cause the tiller to turn much larger pieces of ground.