CAN AN 8N FORD RUN A "60" TILLER ???

/ CAN AN 8N FORD RUN A "60" TILLER ???
I may eventually try the tiller on my 8N, but I am currently far, far away..... in Florida.
I will be here until the end of April....... keeping warm.......without a heating bill.
BTW: My soil is VERY sandy.

/ CAN AN 8N FORD RUN A "60" TILLER ??? #42  
I think it depends on what type of soil, why you are tilling, and how many passes will it take. I till with my Boomer 8N that has a speedometer and a 6' forward rotation tiller set for about 6-8". What I am tilling is either to make an equestrian arena or to smooth out uneven land. I till at 1 - 1.5 mph. That is in sandy or sandy loam soil. To get it to bare soil takes several passes so I can drag it smooth. For me going 3 mph does not produce good results.

With the 8N at 25-30 HP gas vs the 1920 at 32 HP diesel plus the ability to run slower I would stick with the 1920. There would be more stress on the 8N powerplant that was designed to pull a plow. A tiller creates lots of drag plus you are using HP for the PTO and forward motion. I know that my tractor runs hotter pulling a 6' tiller at 2500 rpm vs pulling a 6' cutter both at 2500 rpm.