Can anyone recommend a place that makes jigsaw puzzles from user supplied digital photos?

/ Can anyone recommend a place that makes jigsaw puzzles from user supplied digital photos? #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
Have a new grandson, and a 97 yr old MIL.
MIL's main activity is putting puzzles together, generally 500 piece puzzles. No internet, can barely take pictures with a cell phone. So I thought a picture:
william-9-21-22.jpg

Would make her happy.
But it seems all the places I've found make the puzzles with little variation in shape and size of the pieces.
puzzle-pieces.JPG

She needs more challenge.
Can anybody point me to a puzzle maker that will use my picture to make a puzzle with more variation in piece shape and size?

/ Can anyone recommend a place that makes jigsaw puzzles from user supplied digital photos? #2  
Ive tried 2 different companies, and each puzzle came back with very poor resolution on puzzle, even with 15 megapixel photo sent to them. Very disappointed.

/ Can anyone recommend a place that makes jigsaw puzzles from user supplied digital photos?
could you name the failures?

/ Can anyone recommend a place that makes jigsaw puzzles from user supplied digital photos? #4  
Problem is, i dont recall the companies. I just found them online. I tried 2 of them as 500 piece.
i downloaded photos and the pics looked ok online, but were very blurry when they arrived.

/ Can anyone recommend a place that makes jigsaw puzzles from user supplied digital photos? #5  
pretty sure we got them from shutterfly. we have a couple, i thought the quality was fine for a puzzle.

/ Can anyone recommend a place that makes jigsaw puzzles from user supplied digital photos? #6  
Ravensburger is a major puzzle producer and has an option for custom photo puzzles. They can do many options all the way up to a 2000 piece puzzle.

I haven't gotten one but a friend has and it seems to be much the same to me as their normally produced puzzles.

/ Can anyone recommend a place that makes jigsaw puzzles from user supplied digital photos? #7  
I was searching for ZAZZLE puzzles, USA

then this came up in the search (I know nothing about the quality etc, but) looks like it might have some potential.

/ Can anyone recommend a place that makes jigsaw puzzles from user supplied digital photos?
Ravensburger is a major puzzle producer and has an option for custom photo puzzles. They can do many options all the way up to a 2000 piece puzzle.

I haven't gotten one but a friend has and it seems to be much the same to me as their normally produced puzzles.
Unlike several others Ravensburger does NOT offer a quick preview of the finished product. The best I could see was their ad
ravensburger.JPG
which shows uniformity of size and shape for pieces.

same with Zazzle
zazzle.JPG

and
puzzleyou.JPG
puzzleyou

Thanks for the links.

Ravensburger advertises - for their regular puzzles -
"Best of all, every single piece in this puzzle is unique, no duplicates, for the perfect interlocking fit."
But all of the photo puzzles seem to have remarkable uniformity of pieces, especially with respect to size,

/ Can anyone recommend a place that makes jigsaw puzzles from user supplied digital photos? #9  
It could be that the marketing images are not representative of the actual product?

It wouldn't hurt to call and ask.

Phone: +1(603) 257-1500
Business Hours:
Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm EST

/ Can anyone recommend a place that makes jigsaw puzzles from user supplied digital photos? #10  
We had some printed at Walgreens for my mother in law, but I don't remember much about the shapes of the pieces.