Can Home electronic security discourage robbers & intruders?

/ Can Home electronic security discourage robbers & intruders? #11  
A large home burglary ring was broken up just this week by the Sheriff here in my Texas County. It was a 6 man + 2 women burglary gang, mainly hitting on homes when occupants were attending funerals of people who died, and the funerals were listed in the local papers with specific times. They were using drones to help with the home burglaries. The Sheriff was so incredibly angry, he assigned half the Sheriff's department to cracking the ring, and they arrested all the suspects in just 5 days investigation.

/ Can Home electronic security discourage robbers & intruders? #12  
A large home burglary ring was broken up just this week by the Sheriff here in my Texas County. It was a 6 man + 2 women burglary gang, mainly hitting on homes when occupants were attending funerals of people who died, and the funerals were listed in the local papers with specific times. They were using drones to help with the home burglaries. The Sheriff was so incredibly angry, he assigned half the Sheriff's department to cracking the ring, and they arrested all the suspects in just 5 days investigation.
You will like this article.

They just break in in the middle of the day. Burglar alarms, cameras etc don't mean anything to them.

/ Can Home electronic security discourage robbers & intruders? #13  
The best thing to stop burglars is security doors, and a good LOUD alarm system.

/ Can Home electronic security discourage robbers & intruders? #14  
My alarm is only for if the house is entered. I wired a transformer and a buzzer from the motion lights outside the house to sound inside the house. Like mentioned thieves don't care if lights go on at night. But the sound of my semi autos being racked as I walk out the door gets them running.
(Notice my user name?)

/ Can Home electronic security discourage robbers & intruders? #15  

They just break in in the middle of the day. Burglar alarms, cameras etc don't mean anything to them.
Yikes!

/ Can Home electronic security discourage robbers & intruders? #16  

I believe crews like that were here about 4 years ago. Very efficient and knew their craft. They hit high end properties, even those being lived in. One neighbor lost a large trailer and everything they could fit on it.

I met a few of the victims, only 1 had any systems installed after.

The signs are generally a deterrent, the system is peace of mind.

I’m told they use Google maps and the like to look for their mark.

/ Can Home electronic security discourage robbers & intruders? #17  
Here the best defense is pitbulls...

Just about all the tenants have dogs under the guise of service animals...

One tenant had someone coming into a second floor window when they were not home... but Bella was and another neighbor looked out her window and saw a hooded person scrambling out the second floor and his hoody snagged and ripped...

Over the years I have patched up a number of bullet holes and shotgun shot... some even covered by media...

As kids we all learned the safest place to be is inside the old cast iron bath tubs.

Just about every roof will.have slugs if you look... New Years is the worst and 4th July lasts several weeks... of course totally illegal to even have fireworks due to fire danger...

/ Can Home electronic security discourage robbers & intruders? #18  
I think i mentioned in the past here in South Bend when the plowed snow piles in parking lots melt in spring it's common to find bullets in the dirt and small rocks if you look hard enough.

/ Can Home electronic security discourage robbers & intruders? #19  
Only once was firing directed at a place I manage and then the shooter had the wrong street!!!

He meant to shoot up the house with the same address and similar appearance one block over!!!

Shotgun took out front windows and the blast to the garage door splintered the back of the plywood but made perfect little holes in the plywood face.

The slugs in the roofs are from people shooting into the sky... what goes up must come down.

The others are strays from drive-by often car to car...

One went through a second floor window and screen... through the drywall and into to the closet door on the other side...

Another went into a Stanley metal front door... just used Bondo for that one...

I've witnessed fire a few times... out doing landscape work at a property stops in the middle of a 4-way intersection... a guy gets out and takes aim down the street and empties a clip and then calm as can be gets in his Buick and drives off... later heard is was a boyfriend/girlfriend thing... he wanted to get her evicted.

Another time it was cars in a chase with shots going back and forth... just wild.

At one time I put alarms in units but tenant would have to pay the monthly... not a single tenant signed on and not too long after the alarm company stopped offering free apartment installs...

The city also requires an annual alarm permit and there are penalties for lapsed permit.

The home I bought had a system but no one from the estate knew anything about it... the city sent me an invoice and I sent it back certified saying I'm the new owner and there is no working alarm at this address...

/ Can Home electronic security discourage robbers & intruders? #20  
As we like to say around here..'' The gate at my drive, and my locked doors are for your protection, not mine'' !