Can I borrow your........

/ Can I borrow your........ #21  
Years ago I would say....first time borrow it, second time rent it and third time buy it. But I have had so many broken things returned [if at all] from family, friends and neighbors that now I just say "no".
I even lost a friend when I asked him to return the tool when he finished using it.

I figure if you can stop working to borrow a tool, you can stop working to return a tool.

/ Can I borrow your........ #22  
Has to be really really good friend before I lead really good friend!!!!

/ Can I borrow your........ #23  
I just had lunch with a neighbor friend today. He just came back from Spokane after having to purchase a new multi tool unit and assorted cutting heads. Reason is he loaned his out last winter to a friend...but can’t remember who. They never returned it.

his wife is pissed. Some of the cutting heads cost $45 now. All local shops out of stock.

/ Can I borrow your........ #24  
I just had lunch with a neighbor friend today. He just came back from Spokane after having to purchase a new multi tool unit and assorted cutting heads. Reason is he loaned his out last winter to a friend...but can’t remember who. They never returned it.

his wife is pissed. Some of the cutting heads cost $45 now. All local shops out of stock.
My sons sometimes don't return borrowed tools until I ask for them to.
They are my sons though, so i cannot just say no.
They are two really great guys!

I have two friends who I do trust to return hand tools.
25 years ago, I had a good friend who actually decided to borrow my wife (I did not know).
He is long gone (dead) now, and she took half of everything I owned, while slithering away to a different A-hole.

I survived, and have lived happily ever after!

/ Can I borrow your........ #25  
I had a friend that wanted to borrow my Yanmar to rototill his 1 acre garden for the first time.
I asked him if our friendship is worth $250. he said yes why?
Then I said, then go and rent one!

/ Can I borrow your........ #26  
A friend of 50 years lives hard and plays hard. I mentioned once I was taking it easy on my new tractor during the break-in period. He says, ”you don’t know how tough it is until you break it”. I gave him The Look. He says, “well he!!, there‘s something else I can never borrow.“ Yup.

/ Can I borrow your........ #27  
There are a couple of people I will lend things to. Sometimes though it’s like lending a condom, do you want it back?

/ Can I borrow your........ #29  
Few year back I was very active in an off road MC riding group.
We had one member who was most likable & nearly always would lend out different MCs of all motors sizes to members who were openly thinking about buying another MC only a bit larger. He had bikes for sale too.
The friendly member would alway add that the bike might require a bit of air in a tire or the battery would be a bit low on starting power so would you mind doing a charge before going on the next wknd ride.
I later heard how one borrower had to buy a new rear tire, another had to buy a battery & the lender was grateful & never thought things were that far gone to be needing a replacement.

Now it is just the new members who ''borrow bikes''.

If I ever get another tractor, it will be available to you fine borrows . . . . . but lookout my friend

/ Can I borrow your........ #30  
Generally I'll lend out once as a 'test'. If returned promptly in good condition then he's on the good list for repeated loans,
BUT, if late, broken or I need to fetch it then on the never again list.

I once made a guy drive 50 miles to return a very past due loan the day I needed said tool.

Then there is the type that'll claim it was due or old and poorly designed etc., never his fault.