Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw?

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #81  
Had to buy a new echo this past weekend. Another cs400. My wife's old cs400 bar oil pump went out. For $320 and all we have had to do to it lately, cheaper to buy new and I got a parts saw.

10 years with the old one and she used it all the time, about 3-4 times a week. I feel I got my monies worth out of it.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #82  
I've had a CS400 for nearly ten years now. It's been trouble free, starts easy and has plenty of power for a 40cc chainsaw. My nest saw is going to be either the Echo CS-590 Timberwolf or the or the CS-620. As I man in my later 60s the CS-800P is getting too big and heavy.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #83  
I won't be felling any trees more than 8 inches or so in diameter; I will mostly be de-limbing, and cutting up brush.

Anything larger I'll bring in someone with more knowledge.
I have two Echo CS-490. I use the can fuel since I don't utilize the saws that much and the fuel seems to keep well.

I did buy an electric saw that I used for de-limbing and 4" or smaller trees. If I was using it a lot I would have a spare battery.

The gas saws are good when cutting larger trees or cutting quite a few trees at a time.

Last edited:
   / Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #84  
Prefer Stihl but have no quarrel with Echo. Definitely NO ETHANOL.
I do have two Echo's but if I did all over again I would have bought the Stihl.
I had a guy that cuts trees for a living and he likes the Stihl and the price doesn't seem to be that much more.
If I was using my chainsaw weekly I would use non-ethanol gas but since I use my so infrequently I utilize the can gas.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #85  
I do have two Echo's but if I did all over again I would have bought the Stihl.
I had a guy that cuts trees for a living and he likes the Stihl and the price doesn't seem to be that much more.
If I was using my chainsaw weekly I would use non-ethanol gas but since I use my so infrequently I utilize the can gas.
When shopping for my 620p the Husky was about 50% more and the Stihl was about double for the same class. So the Echo was a no brainer and it has run great can done a lot of work for me and it well balanced in the cut. A bit heavy to do walk about so I usually cart or tractor it to where I need it.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #86  
I am amazed that Echo still makes their equipment in Japan. I'm still evaluating the difference between my Husqvarna and my Echo chainsaws. They feel a bit different from each other, but that's about all I would say at the moment.

When it comes to pole saws, however, there's a radical difference in quality and performance between the Echo PPF-225 gas pole saw and the inexpensive gas pole saw attachments I have been using.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #87  
I'm an echo fan my dad still has the old echo saw I learned on, its heavy and has a 16" bar null of most modern safety features but it's 40 yrs old and still has ok compression. If I get around to it I'll rebuild the carb and use it again. I own a cs 400 18" bar has ok power to weight ratio always starts, however if you wear gloves when cutting you will probably unintentionally engage the chain brake (or I have a few times). Imo echo is a great brand at a fair price for decent quality for the overly motivated diy homeowner/ hobby "farmer".

Attachments

• KIMG1918.JPG
    KIMG1918.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
   / Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #88  
I've had a CS400 for nearly ten years now. It's been trouble free, starts easy and has plenty of power for a 40cc chainsaw. My nest saw is going to be either the Echo CS-590 Timberwolf or the or the CS-620. As I man in my later 60s the CS-800P is getting too big and heavy.
That 800 will beat you up. I don't use our 36" 800 too often but when I need too it's good to have. I feel it the next day though and I'm only 50

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #89  
I'm impressed with how the 590 pulls (though to be honest I've never used another big/bigger saw) but I will say, that thing is heavy enough, I definitely just pull it out for the bigger trees on my land.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #90  
When shopping for my 620p the Husky was about 50% more and the Stihl was about double for the same class. So the Echo was a no brainer and it has run great can done a lot of work for me and it well balanced in the cut. A bit heavy to do walk about so I usually cart or tractor it to where I need it.
I know an engineer that worked for Husqvarna and he said he would only buy the products actually made in Sweden.