Can I use R&O oil ?

/ Can I use R&O oil ? #1  

Ktm rider

Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Ok, i am definitely not up to speed on hydraulic oils. I usually just go to my dealer, tell him what I need and what tractor I have and he gets me a bucket.
I have a chance to buy a about 15 gallons of this R&O oil. I have googled this to death and cant seem to find a straight answer. Or any answer for that matter. can I use it in my Ford 555 backhoe and or my Kubota MX5100 ?

Attachments

• 15D9A553-DA43-4781-B90B-CBB37E418650.jpeg
    15D9A553-DA43-4781-B90B-CBB37E418650.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 61
   / Can I use R&O oil ? #2  
Is the R&O rated for wet clutch and brakes? Most hydraulic oils have rust and oxidation inhibitors but not all have correct additives for wet clutch and brakes.

/ Can I use R&O oil ? #3  
You've not given much info about your tractors. If you have an HST transmission on the MX, Kubota is pretty specific about sticking with SUDT2. As far as the Ford backhoe goes, that fluid just indicates it's a hydraulic fluid. If you have a gear transmission it may be lacking additives usually found in universal tractor hydraulic and transmission oils. Most tractors use the same fluid in the transmission they use in the hydraulics.

/ Can I use R&O oil ? #4  
Ok, i am definitely not up to speed on hydraulic oils. I usually just go to my dealer, tell him what I need and what tractor I have and he gets me a bucket.
I have a chance to buy a about 15 gallons of this R&O oil. I have googled this to death and cant seem to find a straight answer. Or any answer for that matter. can I use it in my Ford 555 backhoe and or my Kubota MX5100 ?

Short answer is no. That oil is for hydraulic systems only, such as a wood splitter. Modern tractors use a common sump for hydraulics, wet brakes, transmissions, rear axles, final drives and power steering systems. They require Hydraulic/tractor fluid. Be sure and use a premium universal type if you don't buy oem tractor specific fluid. The old 303 fluid was/is a tractor hydraulic fluid but is obsolete beyond about 1975 tractors.

Some of the "quality" hydraulic tractor fluid is of lower specs and will not list many tractors in their "for use" list. The premium types will list just about everything. Read the back labels, most will have good info.

Some good info/specs in this link.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/traveller-premium-tractor-hydraulic-fluid-3-2-gallon

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NHF85405?impressionRank=1

/ Can I use R&O oil ? #5  
That appears to be a straight up hydraulic fluid for driving pistons, not for tractor transmission. / hydraulic system combinations.
It is definitely not suitable for use in your Kubota MX, regardless of transmission type.

/ Can I use R&O oil ?
Ok , thank guys. So it’s a no. That’s why you guys make the big money….lol