Can someone identify this industrial unit?

/ Can someone identify this industrial unit? #1  

JohnFourteenSix

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3032e, Bobcat T180, Mustang 3003
81181732_2785626678125869_5526264944372219904_o.jpg

80314084_2785627484792455_6385706750913282048_o.jpg

They're asking for $6000, says everything works but needs some "TLC". 957 seems to be a dexta, but that seems much larger than that.

/ Can someone identify this industrial unit? #2  
Looks to be a 445/445A/545A.

Post the model, unit and serial numbers from the tag under the hood. We can decode the model info and get you the build date.

/ Can someone identify this industrial unit? #3  
Can someone identify this industrial unit?<<<<<<<<<< For me the ORD kinda gives it away, if the motor and BH is in all good working order it's worth 6k to me............

/ Can someone identify this industrial unit?
Hydraulic hoses are busted of course, hasn't been touched in 25 years. Seller will ensure that it moves. I checked it out today and he says he believes it's a 335, but there's no decals/labels/etc - it's all bleached/rusted away. I did see that the tractor used to be painted blue before it was painted yellow.

/ Can someone identify this industrial unit? #5  
Looks like a money pit in the making that’s still not worth much after you’re done. Take the other $6k you’ll need to make it workable and buy a 90s era backhoe. Even 6k probably isn’t enough to fix it. It looks like all the cylinders are pitted, the tires don’t hold air, and all the hoses are junk.

Yeah, I said the sale would be contingent on diesel, hydraulic, and transmission components working as they should. Hoses are busted, but we actually got the bucket to move. And it doesn't even sag. Tires are actually good; he put air in them.

I'm gonna try to lift the tractor with both the bucket and the backhoe and. If it moves, I buy. If it doesn't, I pass.

Last edited:
   / Can someone identify this industrial unit? #7  
maybe a 535? it's a 70's tractor, no 4 link loader, so its not the 445/545 era, that's a 7XX series hoe on the back, it's a hard nose but has a one arm steering box and rod down block
but the heavy 4500 style axle. no matter, it's been sitting out for years, no cap on PS pump, so odds are it won't steer w/o a new pump and such, lot's of rods to be rechromed, no telling what shape the hoe is in, it's a parts tractor.

/ Can someone identify this industrial unit? #8  
maybe a 535? it's a 70's tractor, no 4 link loader, so its not the 445/545 era, that's a 7XX series hoe on the back, it's a hard nose but has a one arm steering box and rod down block
but the heavy 4500 style axle. no matter, it's been sitting out for years, no cap on PS pump, so odds are it won't steer w/o a new pump and such, lot's of rods to be rechromed, no telling what shape the hoe is in, it's a parts tractor.

445s (no letter) did not have a 4 link loader.
Edit: but you make a good point about the steering. You could be onto something.

He took a full day to try and fix the fuel system.. he's still working on it. I gave a $500 deposit and by the comments I'm seeing here I'm kinda regretting it. I hope I'll see that money again, but better $500 gone than $6000.

The guy does swear though that the tractor ran just fine... "25 years ago". Wish he'd have written that in the original listing. :(

He finally got the tractor to run, but all the hydraulic hoses are busted for the backhoe. The front bucket works well, I was able to jackstand the tractor on it, and I didn't notice any sag. The cylinders seem to be in good shape. It's still a very good deal IMO at 6k especially considering that a similarly sized and aged unit can go for substantially more than that.

Shifting gears was rather difficult, though. I couldn't get it to actually move because the BH wouldn't move because of those busted hoses. What's my next move? I don't want to spend several hundred more dollars just to try and see if this tractor will or will not work properly, but all other comparable options seem much more money.