Can someone school me on a JX80 open chases mwfd tractor

/ Can someone school me on a JX80 open chases mwfd tractor #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
My neighbor has one of these and has offered to sell it to me. Are they a good model? Plus's and minus of them? It has the factory loader and has low hours. Really like the looks of it just don't have any experience with Case. Also, did New Holland make a equivalent tractor in blue? I know now many models are just duplicates to one another in red and blue. Thank you

/ Can someone school me on a JX80 open chases mwfd tractor #2  
I never ran an JX80, I have put a lot of hours on a 65 and a 95.

Both have been a pretty decent tractors, not a lot of frills, but a decent work horse.

standard.jpg

Biggest thing I don't like about the 65 is, although it makes decent power, it doesn't have near the "low end" torque my AGCO's do.

Biggest thing I don't like about the loaders on them is, the spring in the control is very strong and makes my wrist hurt on extended loading sessions.

ALSO, they don't have a "float" position.

SR

/ Can someone school me on a JX80 open chases mwfd tractor #4  
NH TD series should be the blue version.

/ Can someone school me on a JX80 open chases mwfd tractor #5  
Been some time since your question. I have one and it is a good no frills tractor. Mine is well cared for, always shedded, near 11 years old now, mows a lot, rides really well. See my review on TBN.