Tires Can someone tell me what this means?

/ Can someone tell me what this means? #1  

gunny0628

Gold Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King 55HC
I came across this in the owners manual and I know it is for wheel adjustment, but I’m not sure I totally get it.

IMG_2816.JPG

/ Can someone tell me what this means? #2  
It means that you have two width adjustments on the front wheels and 5 different configurations for rear tire width adjustment. Move front wheels from one side to the other widens or narrows the front wheel width, and by moving the rear tires from one side to the other and also changing the direction of the center disc gives you 5 different possible widths.

/ Can someone tell me what this means?
Thank you Randy.

Seems like at most it is only a few inches, maybe 4? Is that what most wheel spacers usually are (4,6,8 inches)?

Thanks again for explaining that.

/ Can someone tell me what this means? #4  
All that adjustment is a great option. But when you're running bar tires don't they get reversed at some point..?

/ Can someone tell me what this means? #5  
All that adjustment is a great option. But when you're running bar tires don't they get reversed at some point..?

No, There are 4 configurations with the center disc. Mounted from inside the rim, outside the rim, and then do the same configurations with the disc reversed. And then there is moving the left tire to the right side and the right tire to left side.

/ Can someone tell me what this means? #6  
Thank you Randy.

Seems like at most it is only a few inches, maybe 4? Is that what most wheel spacers usually are (4,6,8 inches)?

Thanks again for explaining that.

It looks like you can gain 8 1/2" from the "standard" wheel setting by using the widest arrangement. Overall there is 12" adjustment between the narrowest and the widest settings.

/ Can someone tell me what this means? #7  
Just to be clear: on the RK55, I believe these rear width options are available only if you have the Ag/R1 tires and wheels. When I got the R4/Industrial tires and wheels on the RK55, I pretty much had one width option on the rears since the rim is welded to the the hub (unless you use aftermarket spacers, per recent other thread). My old NH also has R4 tires, but the rear wheels CAN be reconfigured. Not sure why RK went this route, but I have to imagine it's a cost-savings decision.
Edit: I don't know about turf tire wheel width options. The only pictures of turf tires on their website are on the little tractors and they **look** like the one-piece non-adjustable wheels.

/ Can someone tell me what this means? #8  
Just to be clear: on the RK55, I believe these rear width options are available only if you have the Ag/R1 tires and wheels. When I got the R4/Industrial tires and wheels on the RK55, I pretty much had one width option on the rears since the rim is welded to the the hub (unless you use aftermarket spacers, per recent other thread). My old NH also has R4 tires, but the rear wheels CAN be reconfigured. Not sure why RK went this route, but I have to imagine it's a cost-savings decision.
Edit: I don't know about turf tire wheel width options. The only pictures of turf tires on their website are on the little tractors and they **look** like the one-piece non-adjustable wheels.

From what I've seen, most companies are putting R4s on non adjustable rims. The turf tires usually use the same rims. I have a bit of a dilemma there because I need the widest width I can get for mowing these mountainsides, but that creates problems for road maintenance and working the garden.

/ Can someone tell me what this means? #9  
No, There are 4 configurations with the center disc. Mounted from inside the rim, outside the rim, and then do the same configurations with the disc reversed. And then there is moving the left tire to the right side and the right tire to left side.

Got it now. wasn't thinking the disc were separate from the wheel (rim)..