Can the L4060 run a front snowblower?

/ Can the L4060 run a front snowblower? #1  

JerkyChew

Tractor
shopping
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't for the life of me find a real yes/no answer. I'm looking at a used 2019 L4060 with a mid-mount PTO. I asked the owner if the mid-mount PTO meant that it could run a front-mounted snowblower and he said yes, yet all I can find for L4060 snowblowers are rear-mounted models. Can somebody confirm whether a front-mount unit will work or not?

/ Can the L4060 run a front snowblower? #2  
That's what the mid mount is for,that and maybe a broom.Call your closest dealer to confirm.

/ Can the L4060 run a front snowblower? #3  
   / Can the L4060 run a front snowblower? #4  
I’m not sure why it wouldn’t throw snow very far if it’s front mounted and powered off the mid pto. If Jeff’s link is in regards to a hydraulic powered one, I can see it not being great.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Can the L4060 run a front snowblower? #5  
The L60 series front mount snowblowers will perform just fine. Plowing is likely faster under most conditions for practically any blower vs plow comparison.
The manual hitch is around $3k, and the blower about $7.5k. I considered the auto hitch with a plow, blower, and broom, but it gets expensive real quick. The auto hitch alone is $12k.

/ Can the L4060 run a front snowblower? #6  
You guys must not get very much snow because no way any plow will out perform a blower with the snow I get. At least not in a driveway application.
Highway plowing yes, plow is faster.
I absolutely HATE plowing. My F550 plow truck stayed parked and I used my little B2620 with blower. The blower even keeps the base cut down better than my Boss vee plows.

/ Can the L4060 run a front snowblower? #7  
You guys must not get very much snow because no way any plow will out perform a blower with the snow I get. At least not in a driveway application.
Highway plowing yes, plow is faster.
I absolutely HATE plowing. My F550 plow truck stayed parked and I used my little B2620 with blower. The blower even keeps the base cut down better than my Boss vee plows.

I should have qualified my statement for my particular area and snowfall. If I needed to deal with significant snow amounts, I would definitely prefer a blower.

/ Can the L4060 run a front snowblower? #8  
I just bought a L4060 with a L4479 74" front snowblower. I hope it has enough power for it. They also make a smaller L4469 snowblower, I think it's around 64" or so.

They also make a L4474 and a L4485 front snowblower. Those are the commercial models and probably need more HP.

The mounting kit is is a L4455A.