Can the T474 work with 2-row planter?

/ Can the T474 work with 2-row planter? #1  

saxon11

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM T474
   / Can the T474 work with 2-row planter? #2  
No, it is not too narrow. It might even be overkill for that little planter. I've got some experience with food plot corn planters. I will tell you, with the light weight corn planters, your soil has to be tilled like a garden to work well. I have used old style two row planters before, and a lot of the seed ended up on top of the soil. I ended up buying a JD 7000 4 row planter, and it works very well. I was pulling it with a 25hp massey ferguson tractor. I recently sold my massey, now have a TYM T394. This tractor will pull my planter with no problems at all.

/ Can the T474 work with 2-row planter?
@Scut 4 Big Bucks For cultivating, the distance between rear wheels is 31", which I'm thinking would work well using a one-row cultivator as I can straddle the corn. Based on my drawing is this a good plan? Possible I could just up to even larger implements such a 3 or 4 row planter, and 2 row cultivator based on spacing and tractor's 47 HP? Am I missing any considerations here (my first time doing it).

Assumptions: I'll have the ground well tilled prior to planting and my sweet corn spacing can be set to somewhere between 28" to 36". thank you

Attachments

• IMG_8463.jpg
    IMG_8463.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82