Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM?

/ Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM? #51  
Update...
I went to O'Reilly's to get supplies and new fuel hose. Good thing I said it was for diesel cuz the guy was almost ready to cut the length of hose. Whoopsie!! Dodged a bullet there!! He called around and no stores had line for diesel. He even went online on his phone looking for some. Tractor Supply (too far away) was the only choice. BUMMER 😞

So, I looked at Rock Auto and YEP, they had what I needed! It's already been shipped via FedEx (yay) and will be here Monday. In the meantime, I'll get Red greased and get some much needed chores done to use up some fuel.

Question...can I use brake cleaner to clean the engine up a bit? And is it OK to leave the side panels off forever? They are sooo annoying especially since the loader frame is "right there" and I'm not so bendy anymore to scootch around the loader frame 😆
You could use brake cleaner but I wouldn't for more than one reason. There two types of brake cleaner, chlorinated and non-chlorinated. These solvents will both do a good job removing oils and greases but they may also attack paint and some plastics. The chlorinated brake cleaner will attack stuff the non chlorinated won't. And vice versa. Brake cleaners are made to evaporate fairly quickly so if a lot of oil and grease and mixed in dirt need to be removed it will take a lot of expensive brake cleaner to remove it just because it evaporates so quickly.
My opinion is that cleaners made just for cleaning engines is a better and cheaper way to go. Even better, I have found that Dawn dishwashing liquid works very well for removing oils and greases. I am not alone in this finding. Dawn was used in my machine shop to clean oils parts and machines on a regular basis. Many machine shops do this. Dawn mixed into very hot water makes an excellent cleaner. Cooler water works but is of course slower.And it's cheap too. And safe. Safe for plastics. Safe for rubbers. Safe for paints. Safe for people. You can drink it and all that will happen is a case of the runs. And a bad look on you face from the taste.
Eric

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM? #52  
IF its greatly nasty I use GUNK brand "engine cleaner" followed up by "Simple Green"...... If the mess is lite, just simple green does pretty good.... And its bio degradable...Dawn dish washing liquid "5X" (or maybe its X5) is becoming my new favorite ....

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM? #53  
You might use soap in a spray bottle. Spray it on dry and let it soak. Brake cleaner will melt paint.

/ Can this be repaired? If not, does replacement have to be exact OEM?
Thanks guys!
Engine, et al, is just dusty. No oil leaks at all, so Dawn it is! It's all I use for dishes (no dishwasher).
BTW...I use the new Dawn Powerwash on my hands. Does pretty good gettin' them presentable lol.