"Can We Guess Your Highest Education Level?" TEST

SPYDERLK

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500
So. ... The answer to the title question is NO. The key underlying "driver" issue is lowered expectations.

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
So do I. I have spent a considerable amount of my professional career working with PhDs on one ilk or another, and as the old saying goes, most of them couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Steppenwolfe

Tractor
Kubota MX5400, 1140 RTV
88% here. Doctor Steppenwolfe if you please... I do have a 4 year B of Science degree, but I also read a lot, and I truly love to learn. Oh, and I am a very lucky guesser...

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
88% here. Doctor Steppenwolfe if you please... I do have a 4 year B of Science degree, but I also read a lot, and I truly love to learn. Oh, and I am a very lucky guesser...

I might of guessed at one or two myself..:D

oldpilgrim

Elite Member
Tractor
2014 Mahindra 3016HST
So do I. I have spent a considerable amount of my professional career working with PhDs on one ilk or another, and as the old saying goes, most of them couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Or vote for anyone that doesn't have a D after their name.

OldMcDonald

Platinum Member
Tractor
None
You are right, there is no reason they "cannot" have the necessary skills. Many do. Just pointing out that the majority, "I think" do not. I could be totally wrong though. But if we suddenly found ourselves back in the stone ages tomorrow, I would think the odds of survival would be far greater with those in skilled trade professions such as mechanics, carpenters, etc as opposed to those BS degree in arts and crafts.

A wee bitty unfair "I think". Most of the PhDs I have known have also been very practical people, and not head in the clouds academics.

I think we all consider the back to the stone age scenario from time to time (there was a long and informative thread on here about it a couple of years or so ago) and my team includes only one PhD (my son) but also a highly qualified chemist, his vet wife and my son's medical doctor wife. There are others, particularly a whizz with electronics, mechanics and a sound grasp of alternative small scale energy uses.

Living where I do there is an abundance of practical peasants - I use the word with respect. I consider myself a peasant too. These people already appear to provide most of their requirements from their small plots of land by the use of hand labour or very small machines. How many of you regularly see folks doing their laundry in the river; clean the tripes and guts of slaughtered animals likewise - the river is called the Tripeiro, or in recent years have seen a family threshing their grain crop with a flail? They will survive no matter what. Bread, wine, olive oil, vegetables, milk, cheese and meat are all mankind needs.

There is a shortage of the skills the rest of us possess and bartering will occur.

Renegade6

Tractor
JD 4105
I scored Phd...Most of what I answered I learned in high school. Maybe college wasn't worth all that much.

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
You know this thread was 6 years old?
The post which originally bumped the thread has been removed... most likely because it was a new member's first post and he was touting some online university or something.

lman

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland 3040, New Holland 1530, Oliver 1850
This thread referred to a link with some kind of intelligence test when the OP posted it 6 years ago. The link no longer works so there is no way for new posters to participate in the test.
Some things need to just die.
If you can't figure that out you would have likely done poorly on the test.

scaredychicken

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018),Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969)
i'm not even going to bother ... THAT ALONE should indicate my highest education level.

PCH - yeah right :)

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
And this matters why?
Several reasons.

Link to original test is dead, lots of the original posters are no longer active, and quite franklywhat else is there to talk about?

And it matters because alot of people dont intentionally post to an old thread. They think its current conversation going on. So Its just a friendly reminder that hey....this was an old topic that is no longer relevant.

square1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1700 4x4 w/ FEL
Several reasons.

Link to original test is dead, lots of the original posters are no longer active, and quite franklywhat else is there to talk about?

And it matters because alot of people dont intentionally post to an old thread. They think its current conversation going on. So Its just a friendly reminder that hey....this was an old topic that is no longer relevant.
Shoot! I just read the sub-title on my internet manual. Seems I have the Laid Back edition. I'll see if Amazon can overnight the Uptight version to me to reference before I post to a thread here again ;)

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
Several reasons.

Many old topics pertaining to operation and maintenance of tractors remain relevant but over the years get rehashed for the better. But old threads with the original data gone are like discussing something worthless.
Very often it is a new user that stumbles across a thread, doesn't see it's 10 years old, and offers advice to the OP, who is long gone.

Norm W

Gold Member
Tractor
Oliver 70, Farmall A, Allis Chalmers C, VW Rabbit (repowered with a Geo engine} tractor/backhoe, Cat D4-7U
I used to work with a man that had more patents to his name than I thought possible. He had two Masters Degrees, but no Doctorate. I asked him why he never went for the degree. His answer was one of the best I had ever heard. "Going for a Doctorate means that you will know more and more, about less and less, till you will know absolutely everything about nothing."