Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ?

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #1  

The Gaul

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti NS6010 HST Cab
First of all, yes, I've read up on the multi page thread. Thank you all for your contributions, it is a wonderful source of information !
What I am after is some advice for my specific situation : half a mile of asphalt driveway in pristine condition, i.e. I do not want to see it damaged.
1704931852839.png

1704931884693.png

My tractor is a 60 HP Kioti compact and I do have the third function installed.
I am on the fence between a snow pusher and a hydraulic angled blade. Both of them obviously with rubber edges to protect the driveway.
I contacted 2 local dealers and have obtained the offers below. Please do note that I live 'on the other side' of the PNW Cascades and getting implements shipped here is costlier compared to living on the i-5 side of the mountains.
Currently I use an ATV with a manual angled blade and it costs me nearly half a day to take care of the property after a snowfall. In view of rather tight security on my property I do not want contractors to take care of this. I am an ex finance guy, so I do want to buy biggest bang for the buck. Having said that, I won't make concessions on quality.

After my lengthy introduction, here we go :

1] Braber Equipment FBS7B0500BK Agriease front blade with hydraulic kit : 2,624$

My front bucket is 72", so I assume that with a max 30 degree angle I have to go for a 84" blade
1704932431657.png

2] Ironcraft Heavy Duty snow plow with rubber edges : 2,995$

A bit more expensive than the Braber, but 250lbs heavier....
1704932688909.png

3] Rankin 90" snow plow with hydraulic kit : 4,840$ (ouch !)

I have a Rankin box blade and absolutely love it, but on the other hand that is a semi permanent attachment. This snow blade would only be used a couple of times a year, so I do not think I need to pay for the Rankin name on that one.

1704932866897.png

4] Ironcraft Snowpusher with rubber edges and pull back SPUSH72 : 3,000$

1704932995797.png

5] Worksaver Snow Pusher :2,175$
Quote doesn't seem to include the pull-back.
1704933336563.png

So, what would the community advise for my specific application ?

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #2  
Beautiful place you have there ! Have you thought about an inverted snowblower?

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #3  
Snow pushers would be a pain on long stretches. Definitely get an angling blade, front or rear.
Also, give serious consideration to skipping the rubber edge and get a UHMW Polyethylene edge. They last longer and cut better than rubber. I run them on my front ssqa plow and rear blade, and they work very well.

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #4  
If you are not concerned about the snow banks along side the driveway an angled blade would be quicker than pusher since the pusher catches the snow like a large scoop.

Down side of angled blade is they push front of tractor sideways especially with wet heavy snow. You may only get powder on east side of the hills.

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #5  
Have you considered a new pickup with a nice easy to mount-dismount plow ? Seem like that would be way faster and easier than your other choices.

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ?
If you are not concerned about the snow banks along side the driveway an angled blade would be quicker than pusher since the pusher catches the snow like a large scoop.

Down side of angled blade is they push front of tractor sideways especially with wet heavy snow. You may only get powder on east side of the hills.
Indeed, not really suffering from wet snow around here. Regarding my current approach : as long as I put my ATV in 4WD it won't break out sideways.
My Kioti, with filled tires etc., feels pretty stable when moving dirt and digging in 4WD. Would it be substantially different on snow ?

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #7  
A plow mounted on a loader puts the blade way out in front of the tractor so potential for greater side load exists. With dry snow and bare asphalt probably would not be a problem. Black ice under the snow and you know nothing will go where you want it.

You always have the option of running blade at shallower angle if front starts drifting. That is what I do with the “over size 80 inch” plow on my 2400H that is significantly smaller than your tractor. I also rear mount blower for heavier snow falls and making the windrows disappear.

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #8  
I have used a Snow Sport, rear blade, SxS, cheap truck plow, a pull blower and today a contractor grade Western MVP V plow.

There is no perfect solution.

For your property, I would get a pull blower and use the ATV plow for tight areas and cleaning up.

BTW, I will likely sell my pull blower because I do not get that much snow anymore. I have used it about 12 times in three years. Plus, I have places to push snow. Note that do not clear snow until I have 6”. We have 4x4 pickups and a level driveway so getting down to gravel is not a necessity. I was a lot more **** when I had a Mercedes.

My buddy has a pusher and he likes it. He has a drop off where he can deposit snow.

People tend to recommend what they use even if it not the best tool for the job. And if it is the best way to deal with snow in their area, it may not be the best for your environment.

I would talk to folks in your area. That could help you.

/ Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #9  
If money is not an issue, get both. There will be occasions where the type of snowfall that you get (light, wet, drifting, etc) will dictate which one would be best to use.

I used to plow with my F350 and a Western MVP, but also have a tracked skid steer with a blower. I would use the plow for basic quick clearing, then use the skid steer once and awhile to push back the plowed banks.

If it was real windy, I’d used the blower to avoid creating banks which would otherwise worsen the drifts.

Just nice to have a choice of which tool is right for the job

Last edited:
   / Can you guys help me select the right snow removal implement for my specific application ? #10  
Angle blade all the way, in your case you could get away with manual adjustment if you are willing and capable to get on and off your tractor, once you get the hang of it you should only have to adjust it once. I also see the ouch beside #3 yet I see your driveway and your house and that's what I say, if you go for the manual one and slip and fall what will you say ? when you sell that implement you will get most of that money back. A quality item hold value more then a cheaper implement and experience less wear and tear. Do you used your box blade during the winter? I have seen guys utilizing it for dead end spot to pull snow away from entrances. Depending on the amount of snow, and wind in your area I would consider a front end snow blower, having no snow bank and opening your driveway in two pass is a wonderful thing but as your comment '' I would only used it a couple of times'' sound like a snow blower wouldn't be worth the expense.

nice place 👌

Last edited: