Flail Mower Canadian Flail Mower....

/ Canadian Flail Mower.... #1  

jgrreed

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 4720
I've been doing a bunch of looking for a flail after reading the "let's talk flails" thread and decided I want one. I started calling my local dealers and was shocked at the prices in Canada relative to the prices the American guys are talking about.

First off, Agrisupply is by far the best deal going. I have a TM1900, which is their 72" model, lined up for 1299.00USD. Here at home a 72" Landpride was quoted at 4900.00CDN, and when I did finally find a Caroni dealer, they wanted 4300.00CDN!!!!

I'm lucky enough to have a buddy that is back and forth to the US monthly with an F350, so for 3200$ i'm getting a TM1900, a posthole auger with 6,9,and 12" augers, and an 850lb fertilizer spreader, delivered to Joe's place in WY, and I've even factored in our stupid GST into that figure.

Just a note, the online prices with agrisupply are significantly higher than their call centre because of the 'included' shipping cost. 1299 vs 1950 on the mower. Picking it up, or just calling the call centre is the way to go. Shipping on all 3 pieces mentioned above is ~700$.

Hope that help.

-J.

/ Canadian Flail Mower....
That's 700 for shipping to Jackson Hole, not to Canada. She said it would be substantially more shipped all the way to Canada.

-J.

/ Canadian Flail Mower.... #3  
isn't it sad... Even canadian products are cheaper to buy south of the border than here at home:rolleyes:
sounds like you'll be a busy guy with all the new toys:D

/ Canadian Flail Mower....
isn't it sad... Even canadian products are cheaper to buy south of the border than here at home:rolleyes:
sounds like you'll be a busy guy with all the new toys:D

Yep. Green, fertilized grass, trimmed short, and riddled with 6" post holes!!!

FYI - Points West in Winnipeg is a great resource for SpeeCo parts - ie a quick hitch and the bushing kits you need for your implements.

-J.

/ Canadian Flail Mower.... #5  
I've been doing a bunch of looking for a flail after reading the "let's talk flails" thread and decided I want one. I started calling my local dealers and was shocked at the prices in Canada relative to the prices the American guys are talking about.

First off, Agrisupply is by far the best deal going. I have a TM1900, which is their 72" model, lined up for 1299.00USD. Here at home a 72" Landpride was quoted at 4900.00CDN, and when I did finally find a Caroni dealer, they wanted 4300.00CDN!!!!

I'm lucky enough to have a buddy that is back and forth to the US monthly with an F350, so for 3200$ i'm getting a TM1900, a posthole auger with 6,9,and 12" augers, and an 850lb fertilizer spreader, delivered to Joe's place in WY, and I've even factored in our stupid GST into that figure.

Just a note, the online prices with agrisupply are significantly higher than their call centre because of the 'included' shipping cost. 1299 vs 1950 on the mower. Picking it up, or just calling the call centre is the way to go. Shipping on all 3 pieces mentioned above is ~700$.

Hope that help.

-J.

I wonder how much for just a flail mower shipped to Canada?? That is an awesome price. Would only need a 48" model.

Will