Canopy Canopy for BX-23

/ Canopy for BX-23 #1  

AB4D

Silver Member
Tractor
Prior: Kubota BX-23, Kubota L3430HSTC, Kubota ZG23, L3560 HSTC Limited Edition, Current: L6060 HSTC
I was thinking about putting a canopy on my BX-23 before spring gets here. Does anyone have any experience with canopies on a Kubota BX Tractor? My dealer indicated that Kubota offers a canopy for about $375.00, but he didn't have one on a tractor that I could physically inspect. I checked a little on the Internet and noticed that Carver Equipment in NC offers one by a small company out of Tennessee that looks fairly nice. I think is made out of fiberglass, however, I don't know that much about canopies. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Any recommendations? Thanks in advance for any opinions on this subject.

/ Canopy for BX-23 #2  
ab4d, I had a factory fiberglass canopy on my B2150 and it worked just fine. It kept my bald head out of the sun /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I think Tractor Supply Company also has them. You may want to try ebay, I know Mcgrew Equipment has offered them on their auction site a number of times. Just make sure you get one that is sized to your tractor. Last but not least, watch out for low hanging limbs.....................................Bill

/ Canopy for BX-23 #3  
I got mine from Mcgrew via e-bay last summer for $208, I picked it up at McGrew,nice guys. It is fiberglass, make sure you cut your trees. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have not seen any canopies on ebay by McGrew in a while. I think they were getting them from a company in Tn.

Here is McGrew web site

web page

/ Canopy for BX-23 #4  
Came across this when I was looking for one. I was not looking for a fiberglass canopy just one to keep me in the shade. Never came up with the $ to buy.

web page

/ Canopy for BX-23 #5  
Hi,
On the BX models, the Kubota Sunshade is probably the better product at this time in my opinon.
It has a nice frame and mounting bracket.
The canopy is a heavy poly type material, not as heavy as fiberglass. It does not color fade as quickly as fiberglass.
I think we have one in stock.
If you'd like a quote, just email us at carvequip@aol.com.

Best wishes,
Steve

/ Canopy for BX-23 #6  
This is a great unit- I have one on my BX. 2 small brackets mount to your ROPS (no drilling!!) and the top slides in to small receivers on each bracket. The cover is incredibly strong- has survived many encounters with tree branches.
If you are just looking for shade, it would be hard to beat this option.

/ Canopy for BX-23 #7  
Seymour,
Whcih unit are you talking about, the Curtis or Kubota shade unit? thanks, brett

/ Canopy for BX-23 #8  
Curtis sunshade. I have the exact unit that CT Kubota posted in his link above. It goes on and comes off in seconds- a light tap from a rubber mallet.
Now, they offer the dark color and yellow. When I ordered, only the dark color was pictured and they sent YELLOW!!! My first reaction was "Yellow- but it will look like a D****." Actually, I do like the yellow better now that I have used it.

/ Canopy for BX-23 #9  
i have the kubota shade.
it does the job of keeping the sun off your head and keeps you from getting totally drenched when it rains.

if you are going to move it around on a trailer the shade will need to come off the tractor. the way it mounts it would probably rip away from the tractor at highway speeds.

the only problem is the foldable rops if height is an issue.

it will still fold but the shade will be sticking up in the air.

i am on the road till next sunday. i can send you some pics when i go home if interested of the frame/canopy etc.......

scott