Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now?

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now?
Another suggestion: I have a 2008 Massey Ferguson 7495. It has all the creature comforts a man could want, no exhaust treatment systems, but most importantly, it has a CVT transmission which is the greatest gift ever given to the farm tractor since the PTO. They make smaller versions with CVT transmissions.
I heartily suggest you look at those units, too
I have always had a bit of a soft spot for Massey tractors even though I grew up on green equipment. Those old Perkins engines were legendary too!

With corporate buyouts and mergers, and exclusive dealership agreements, Massey totally left this part of the world. I'm still tempted to replace my Kubota L4600 with a 4707 but, that L4600 is such a nice tractor for light chores and fieldwork ... :unsure:

The ones I personally would stay away from, are the New Hollands

SR
Why? What is it about New Hollands that causes you to avoid them?

A $20K premium for an E series Deere is absurd. I'm waiting on more info from the OP about his round baling needs. I'm not sure ~110 engine hp is enough and I'm not sure the chassis he is considering are robust enough to handle the pallets he is describing.

I'm thinking 90HP on the PTO is plenty. I have run a 135HP and a 150HP John Deere a lot and, while they worked fine, I felt like they were a bit of overkill on the Vermeer baler I ran. Those tractors though saw a lot of field use so hooked up to a disc or huge field cultivator made them a good choice for a "one tractor" scenario even though fuel burn was relatively high for the hayfield.

A $20K premium for an E series Deere is absurd. ...
If the $20K premium got me into one of the German John Deeres, I could see it being a viable consideration.

For a more economy-minded basic Mexican tractor, paying almost a 1/3 more for a green tractor from the local "big box" corporate chain that owns the JD dealerships makes New Holland look a lot more attractive to me today.

Get yourself a Fendt Vario and be happy and poor.
I would love to own one but, the price of admission is too steep for me today.

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #17  
Today and into the future, with ever increasing diesel fuel costs, fuel consumption per acre in any operation becomes an issue. Post ***** it wasn't. Now it is and will only get worse.

One of the main reasons I don't desire owning a post 4 tractor besides the electronic controls. Electronics tend to always be a lowest bidder scenario today. Just look to the domestic automakers and the 'chip shortage' for a prime example. All about cheap versus maximum profit.

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #18  
I would love to own one but, the price of admission is too steep for me today.
No romance when it comes to finance....lol Number of used, low hour Fendt's on TH this week.

Have no idea what Fendt is offering in incentive packages or financing but I bet they have 'deals' like all the others have.

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #19  
I'm thinking 90HP on the PTO is plenty. I have run a 135HP and a 150HP John Deere a lot and, while they worked fine, I felt like they were a bit of overkill on the Vermeer baler I ran. Those tractors though saw a lot of field use so hooked up to a disc or huge field cultivator made them a good choice for a "one tractor" scenario even though fuel burn was relatively high for the hayfield.
For 100 5x6's a year you can get along. If you needed to do 100 a day you would soon realize you were 25-50 hp short.

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #20  
Why? What is it about New Hollands that causes you to avoid them?
First off, for my place I base reliability just about above all, I don't trade tractors off every few years, I expect them to run for a long time. I also know farmers all over the country and NH farm tractors seem to have more problems than they should have, as they get older.

Constant little problems bug the he!! out of me even as much or more than big problems. I just keep hearing about little things needing dealer attention too often for me, so you won't see one on my farm.

I know, there's always a guy someplace that says he never has problems, but that's not the "average" that "I" look at, for my farm.

SR