Can't Hook up New Cutter - BX23s - Frontier 2048

/ Can't Hook up New Cutter - BX23s - Frontier 2048 #11  
Seems to me the issue is the stabilizer bar brackets are contacting the frame of the mower before the pin can line up.

Happens sometimes on tractors that have stabilizers inside the lower arms.

As mentioned, you need to move the pins forward on the mower.
The Pats quick hitch may work also since it basically extends the arm a few inches. But you won't know for sure unless you try it.

Other option would be to get a different mower.

/ Can't Hook up New Cutter - BX23s - Frontier 2048 #12  
I use quick hitch from harbor freight for easy hookups.
anyway - did you loosen the turn buckles on BOTH sides so all four of the clevis's is loose when opened all the way? your pic shows the clevis is taut. i see your pto shaft is brand new -- i think you will need to cut it shorter to fit so when you lift the pto all the way it wont hurt the pto shaft on bx. google here on how to measure. you may not need to cut the shaft if you use the quick hitch or imatch as it moves the implement further away from the bx.

/ Can't Hook up New Cutter - BX23s - Frontier 2048 #13  
Dave, where did you get the quick-change adapters at, how much did they cost... do you have a link you can post in here to where you got them..? I also noticed there are 2 smaller bolts... did you have to drill holes thru your 3pt hitch arms to fasten these adapters on...? I really like the idea of the quick-change.

You do not drill through the arm,they are set bolts,with a locking nut.

/ Can't Hook up New Cutter - BX23s - Frontier 2048
Thanks everyone. The stabilizer bar bracket on the inside of my 3ph lift arms are contacting the rotary cutter and not allowing it to be slid on the lift pins that are attached to the cutter.

Someone mentioned getting a different cutter. I bought this cutter used last night from a neighbor man who has a 1025 and an Ihitch. He will take the cutter back….or I could try Pat's system. I wonder if Pat's system will also hit the stabilizer bar bracket on the inside of my lift arm?

/ Can't Hook up New Cutter - BX23s - Frontier 2048 #15  
   / Can't Hook up New Cutter - BX23s - Frontier 2048 #16  
Thanks everyone. The stabilizer bar bracket on the inside of my 3ph lift arms are contacting the rotary cutter and not allowing it to be slid on the lift pins that are attached to the cutter.

Someone mentioned getting a different cutter. I bought this cutter used last night from a neighbor man who has a 1025 and an Ihitch. He will take the cutter back….or I could try Pat's system. I wonder if Pat's system will also hit the stabilizer bar bracket on the inside of my lift arm?

Dear heavens, DO NOT drill any holes or do anything drastic. The Pats system or other easy hitch might be nice but you don't need that either. Just take loose enough of your left/right stabilizer hardware to let the lower arms move far enough apart to get the mower pins hitched up. Then put the sway control back together. FOR SURE you need to try that first before spending any money or doing some sort of mod -- because you need to try the hog on that BX23 and see if you are happy with it. Too heavy ? Enough power? etc. Decide from that whether you will keep it or not. Then fine tune what to do from there.

/ Can't Hook up New Cutter - BX23s - Frontier 2048 #17  
Dear heavens, DO NOT drill any holes or do anything drastic. The Pats system or other easy hitch might be nice but you don't need that either. Just take loose enough of your left/right stabilizer hardware to let the lower arms move far enough apart to get the mower pins hitched up. Then put the sway control back together. FOR SURE you need to try that first before spending any money or doing some sort of mod -- because you need to try the hog on that BX23 and see if you are happy with it. Too heavy ? Enough power? etc. Decide from that whether you will keep it or not. Then fine tune what to do from there.

My understanding is The OP's problem is NOT that the arms wont spread far enough. The issue is the ball on the arm cannot be slid over the pin because the stabilizer bracket (welded to the arm) contacts the the mower brace. This is happening because his tractor uses an internal stabilizer link system (as opposed to the external found on larger tractors) and the mower pins are set far back in the mower bracket.

/ Can't Hook up New Cutter - BX23s - Frontier 2048 #18  
From the OP's picture,it looks to me like the gray bracket will clear the green vertical if he just got the lower arm started over the pin. If so, I was just saying take the linkage on the arm loose entirely, get the hole over the pin, and then reattach the sway linkage. Probably only have to do that on one side. I'm also a little concerned about whether the hog is too much for the BX23 too and thinking he needs to find that out for sure first before doing anything drastic.

If wagne's observation is true (that the gray stabilizer bracket won't clear the green metal even if the ball was on the pin) then the OP has 3 choices: 1) take the mower back or 2) drill a couple of holes lower in the hog vertical frame and closer to the front (leaving just enough room to tighten the nut on the back side of the pin.) That would seem like a sure-fire fix. If not wanting that, then 3) the Pats system is probably the cleanest solution. I think the Pats system moves the pin attach location gray metal backwards and inch or more.

But first make sure whether the green clears the gray or not.

/ Can't Hook up New Cutter - BX23s - Frontier 2048
My understanding is The OP's problem is NOT that the arms wont spread far enough. The issue is the ball on the arm cannot be slid over the pin because the stabilizer bracket (welded to the arm) contacts the the mower brace. This is happening because his tractor uses an internal stabilizer link system (as opposed to the external found on larger tractors) and the mower pins are set far back in the mower bracket.
2017-07-11 20.31.08.jpg2017-07-11 20.30.51.jpg
You are correct. That is what was happening. I found out today during my research on the Pat's Easy Change that Rural King carries the product. Rural King is 2 miles from my house. They had 3 in stock and would allow me to return if it did not resolve my problem. As you can see it did resolve the problem. Fits nicely. Tried out the little cutter on some thick overgrown briar/brush in the field edge at my house. Worked great! Thanks to all I can now attach all my 3ph implements a lot easier along with resolving my issue with the lightly used cutter.

/ Can't Hook up New Cutter - BX23s - Frontier 2048 #20  
Fantastic. A success story for change. Glad to hear it. We hear so much "woe is me" and unsolved puzzles... yours is refreshing.