Backhoe Can't Reach Grease Zerk - Hose Installed Wrong?

/ Can't Reach Grease Zerk - Hose Installed Wrong?
irvingj,

No apologies needed! Do what you need to in order to take care of the property and people.

Your picture is important to me. Yes, a great picture of the 45 connector. But even more telling... you have only two hoses. I need to figure out why I have four (4!) hoses going into the same space. I think something must have been re-installed incorrectly. I will try to get a picture tomorrow from the same angle as yours for comparison.

/ Can't Reach Grease Zerk - Hose Installed Wrong? #12  
EH, there are four hoses there - the two additional being from the cylinder on top of the BH boom/arm. There are also two sections, if you will, to the boom arm itself.

One of them is fully enclosed (for protection of the hoses, I would suspect). It is into that covered area that the two other hoses are routed-- only the two from the lower "internal" cylinder are near the grease fitting: one connects right there, and the other passes into & below, down into the other interior boom channel. Here are a couple more pics, a bit clearer now that some of the snow has melted off-- I still think all you have to do is rotate that 45 at the end of the offending hose.

Let me know if you need any other views; hope my explanations are understandable!

DSC05033.JPGDSC05034.JPGDSC05035.JPG

/ Can't Reach Grease Zerk - Hose Installed Wrong? #13  
Moving the backhoe to the right position, exposes all the grease fittings with enough room, to be greased with a standard grease gun.

You just have to try different positions until you find it.

A different position can also help sometimes, when they don't want to take grease.

mine is the same way, pretty sure it won't take grease with the boom in the air. needs down pressure on the boom to open the joint enough to take grease.

/ Can't Reach Grease Zerk - Hose Installed Wrong? #14  
EH, there are four hoses there - the two additional being from the cylinder on top of the BH boom/arm. There are also two sections, if you will, to the boom arm itself.

One of them is fully enclosed (for protection of the hoses, I would suspect). It is into that covered area that the two other hoses are routed-- only the two from the lower "internal" cylinder are near the grease fitting: one connects right there, and the other passes into & below, down into the other interior boom channel. Here are a couple more pics, a bit clearer now that some of the snow has melted off-- I still think all you have to do is rotate that 45 at the end of the offending hose.

Let me know if you need any other views; hope my explanations are understandable!

View attachment 462421View attachment 462422View attachment 462423
Unless the photo is an optical illusion, it appears that with the boom down, you have plenty of access to the grease zerk for a grease gun to attach. The OP needs to lower his backhoe to check this out.

/ Can't Reach Grease Zerk - Hose Installed Wrong?
irvingj,

Thanks for the grease zerk picture four years ago. Getting back to it! Yes, there appears to be a 45 degree adapter shown in the backhoe part manual page 18, Detail A, item 21. The parts list calls out part #71515834 elbow, 45 deg, 9/16-18 JIC x 9/16-18 ORB.

/ Can't Reach Grease Zerk - Hose Installed Wrong? #16  
So does yours have this 45 connector?