Carburetor repair

/ Carburetor repair #11  
I'd try to give it a good cleaning, before buying another one. Pretty simple top work on.

/ Carburetor repair
Okay, I will give it another go this weekend. I’ll take a few pictures of it split apart too.

/ Carburetor repair
Good news friends! I took the carburetor apart and cleaned it one more time and it’s running like new!! Thank you everyone for your help

/ Carburetor repair #14  
I'm working on a neighbour's Yale forklift, which idles beautifully, but coughs and splutters when you try to rev it. I've had it apart to blow out all the jets and orifices, and noticed the "piston" on the accelerator pump has shrunk and dried, and no longer is capable of doing it's job of squirting extra fuel in on acceleration.

I know that under very gentle acceleration, the pump's not needed, but - if the plunger is not making contact with the wall of the chamber, and is therefore not airtight/fuel-tight, would this air leakage past it be the cause of rough running?

EDIT - Air cleaner is new, plugs are new, fuel filter's good, fuel pump delivering heaps of fuel.

/ Carburetor repair #15  
Running on full choke indicates a blockage in the main jet

/ Carburetor repair #16  
Good news friends! I took the carburetor apart and cleaned it one more time and it’s running like new!! Thank you everyone for your help
That's great..!! Always a good feeling knowing you "fixed" something, without costing a bundle of money. Now you can pass that forward someday, when someone else say's they have that problem.

/ Carburetor repair #17  
Re the Yale forklift:

After putting in a new coil which didn't solve the problem, and removing the exhaust pipe in case that was obstructed, which also didn't help, I turned my attention to the spark timing.

Vacuum advance seems to be working, however by loosening the distributor clamp and manually changing the timing, solved the issue!

So next step is to check the centrifugal advance components for freedom of movement, then reset the points gap to the correct setting, and all should be well.

Nice to have a win!