Carpentry stuff **not tractor related**

/ Carpentry stuff **not tractor related**
Little guy on the left that I recently backed over and killed. Sorry, Baxter.

So as not to be a total downer, the wife brought home a 3XL guinea pig (shitiizoo pup...yeah, that's how I spelled it :laughing:)

/ Carpentry stuff **not tractor related** #82  
Nice thread Jay, Good work!

Thanks, Murph, I appreciate it.

Here's a table I refinished for a friend a few years back, it was a fun project.

Some fluted columns. The homeowner had some somewhat "plain jane" columns and wanted to dress 'em up a bit...

Existing:

Best friend Bob the banker was often my "weekend warrior" helper back in the day. (And yes, he caught some serious flack for the sweatshirt-vest :laughing:)...he're we've done some "deconstructing" of the originial columns.

Starting the fluting of the columns back at the shop...

Finished project...

Some fireplace built-ins. This was a number of years before the advent of flat screen tv's.:D

Existing...

Puttin' Bob to work, doing the pita/dirty stuff :laughing: (he hardly every complains :thumbsup:)

Sorry, no shop pics, but here's is an install pic...

We ended up running a 3" piece of PVC for audio/video wiring, within the manel, between the 2 cabinets.

I don't have a closeup, but when I make cabinet doors, they're almost always 5-piece "cope and stick" doors with either a flat or raised panel. I use two router tables to makes them. Bigger/smarter shops often use shapers .

Some basic trim work done in a basement, from year 2000, the folder name I them under is "unknow trim job". :laughing: I've run miles and miles (literally) of this stuff, so I've never taken a whole lot of pics as it wasn't anything special, after the first few "miles". :D

I wish I had some close-ups, might help Peter in his house build thread to see some semi-decent corners, etc. (I know, I'm opening myself up to all sorts of criticism by typing that...I can take it. :laughing:)

I don't remember, but I'm guessing there were some kiddies that were going to be playing in the basement...

Found some "naked trim" from some new house work from 2004. I did maybe 75 of these over 18 months or so, in a couple of sub-divisions. 3200/3300 sq. ft. with a good amount of trim in them.

Myself and a guy working with me ("real" carpenter, lots of experience), would trim these out in three days. And yes were were flying. I still managed to use the glue and sandpaper in the outside corners/joints of the trim, though.

On the first day, we roll up at 7:00 a.m., and after unloaded all the tools off the trailer, my "cut man" would get started measuring and cutting trim, while I distributed the 22-24 interior doors throughout the two story homes. I'd usually have 'em all installed (pre-hung/cased) by noon that day, and then start bangin' all the trim up.

We used to have cats until a few years ago, the wife's allergies couldn't take 'em any more...

For some reason this pic was in the folder with the trim above. :D

/ Carpentry stuff **not tractor related** #90  
Great thread Jay! You really are an artist. Wish you were in the Western Pa area.