Carry All

/ Carry All #1  

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
So I am probably over thinking this....

I need a carry all. My back is not what is used to be (I now have a bulging disk). Need to move small bales of hay from the storage barn to the stall barn. I was just tossing them on the FEL, but that is lifting them pretty high to stack 10 on.

I am thinking if I get a carry all, toss a pallet on it I can stack 6 or 8 bales on their without having to lift them too high.

TSC is near by and sells one for $149.00. No need to over think this is there? Says it will handle 1000 lbs which is likely more than my 3 point would handle.

I say I will use it to move hay, but once I have it I am sure I will mount other stuff that needs moved on pallets so I can just grab it with the carry all.

I already have a quick hitch so changing it out for the mower or back blade as needed.

Any reason to get a "higher quality" carry all?

/ Carry All #3  
Be sure the carryall is QH compatible. I've seen some that aren't.

/ Carry All #4  
You can always put some lumber on the carry-all so it fits your purpose.

carry-all 001_1.JPGcarry-all 003_1.JPG

/ Carry All #5  
TSC carry-all with 12 bloks at 80 lbs a piece or 1/3 cord hard wood. You can't go wrong.

CarryAll2.JPG

CarryAllWood (1).JPG

gg

/ Carry All #6  
I bought my carry all at TSC and it's well worth the money. I to use it to haul firewood rounds to the splitter like Gordons. Sorry, no pics.

/ Carry All
IF not QH compatible, make it so... Manufactures have not totally embraces quick hitch concepts...

Dale

Yep. I had to do a bit of work on my tiller to make it so. The hook on the HF quick hitch is a poor design.

Any of you with the tsc carry all can you tell me if it will slide under a pallet?

Those agri supply forks discussed above specifically state they are not qh compatable.

/ Carry All #9  
Yep. I had to do a bit of work on my tiller to make it so. The hook on the HF quick hitch is a poor design.

Any of you with the tsc carry all can you tell me if it will slide under a pallet?

Those agri supply forks discussed above specifically state they are not qh compatable.

It is 3" angle so if you are on level ground it should but might be close. Cutting an angle on the end could help. A hydraulic top link would be helpful too.

CarryAllBot1.JPG

gg

/ Carry All #10  

I don't know what brand carry-all TSC sells these days but years ago I bought the King Kutter version (not from them). Before I added decking material to it I tried backing it into a pallet and was able to move the pallet. The only problem was the carry-all forks were not long enough to go completely through the pallet. It worked fine for a partial load slid all the way towards the tractor. For small bales of hay I think your plan would work just fine. For things heavier/larger it may work depending on the strength and condition of the pallet you use.