Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay?

/ Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay? #491  
Couple of things...

My locals told me they get a 'tone' with the call / address - that they know means CWP. That way other listeners do not...

I keep my Ins/Reg looped together (hole punch, 'laminated') on a colored ribbon, under the mirror cover on the driver's visor. Ribbon with loop hangs out and down enough to be a very easy grab - no fumbling.
Not going to hip for license until someone says OK.

/ Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay? #492  
My Sig p 220 (West German), 226, 228, 230 have been very reliable guns.
I have a couple of West Germans in the same series, as well as some mix and matches from New Hampshire. My first 220 I picked up in the 80's.

NEVER had a issue with any of them.

However, I did have one issue with a newer Sig pistol, and don't even get me going on their rifles that they don't support.

My only point is the "new" Sig (USA) has lived off it's reputation of it's imported guns in the past.

Look up the CEO of Sig Sauer Inc (USA) Chris Cohen.

I've had to use Ruger customer service twice in my life. More than a couple of times with Sig. I'll take Ruger anyday.

/ Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay? #493  
My Sig P238 (times 2), P226, and P229 have all had thousands of round put through them with out any issues. The two Ruger LC9's have had a few hiccups and the trigger lacks a little. Walther P22 only takes High Velocity ammo.

/ Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay? #494  
My Sig P238 (times 2), P226, and P229 have all had thousands of round put through them with out any issues. The two Ruger LC9's have had a few hiccups and the trigger lacks a little. Walther P22 only takes High Velocity ammo.
I've had the same experience.

That said, Sig "USA" inc is becoming "Americanized" IMO.

Look at the CEO's past history.

When Sig "USA" got into suppressors, they got the best man for the job IMO. Look at what happened to him there.

Newsflash... When you have a gun manufacturer "make" everything from guns, red dot sights, scopes, air guns and suppressors, the reality is there is no way the "manufacturer" is building everything themselves "in house" for market.

The above paragraph is the biggest issue I have with Sig "USA".

That said, Sig "USA" got what they want in military contracts, so everyone will assume if the military buys it, it has to be a great product.

Ironically enough we we're issued Colt per rifles when I was in, and every civilian thought they were the best thing since sliced bread since they were "mil spec" because only the military would wan't only the best 😂

End of the day, I've been burnt twice by Sig "USA" customer service (I was SOL). NEVER will happen again even, though I really liked one of their newer CC subcompact handguns when I visited my FFL.

Last edited:
   / Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay? #495  
We were walking in our local downtown yesterday. Popped into the local gun store to buy a new ***** flag, and walked out with that as well as a Bond Snakeslayer ... this one should be fun.

/ Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay? #496  
We were walking in our local downtown yesterday. Popped into the local gun store to buy a new ***** flag, and walked out with that as well as a Bond Snakeslayer ... this one should be fun.
My Bond Arms makes a great little toy. Change out the barrel for whatever my mood is for that day.