Case 310 G dozer

/ Case 310 G dozer #1  

Rocco 47

Tractor
Case 310 G
I have a case 310 G dozer looking for a manual transmission can’t find year it was built serial number 3033245 any help would be appreciated

/ Case 310 G dozer
Sorry I’m new to this am actually looking for the complete shifting unit on side of transmission not transmission

/ Case 310 G dozer #3  
Welcome to TBN.

Your 310G falls in the 1967-1969 category:

310G - CASE CRAWLER TRACTOR (S/N 3032301 TO 3039619) (01/67 - 12/69)​

Is it the shift mechanism that you are looking for?

/ Case 310 G dozer
Yes that is the shifting mechanism my shifting lever will not stay in slides I’ve tried new washer an clip with no luck slides look good think it could be the detent on second an third gear do you know if I have to split dozer to get the shifting unit off transmission thank for your response

/ Case 310 G dozer #5  
No idea. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Case 310G. Do you have room on the side of the transmission?

/ Case 310 G dozer
It doesn’t have much room frame is about 4” away from shifter maybe
some body on blog that’s worked on one can let me know thanks for your input
IMG_0735.png

/ Case 310 G dozer #7  
I have my 310-G TOTALLY apart to put a reverse idler shaft in it. NO shafts left on planet earth and 310's ate them for lunch! SO now I gotta make a substitute shaft somehow.
In answer to your question yes the shifter comes out the side BUT to do much on the transmission you have to totally take the tractor apart just to reach the internals!
NOT a good model to tangle with as I found out too late!!!!!

/ Case 310 G dozer
Try a machinest they have made parts for all my equipment in the past there going to make me a detent rod rod for my shifter on my 310 G as soon as i get it apart your rite have to split dozer apart for a 20$ part

/ Case 310 G dozer #9  
There are a number of tractor wrecking yards scattered across the USA.

If you have a specific part/model, it wouldn't hurt to contact a bunch of them.

Here in Oregon we have Farmland Tractor.

They have parts for a variety of ages of tractors, and some crawlers.

I don't know if they have any case crawlers, but they do have several John Deere crawlers from that era, as well as perhaps a couple of Olivers.

/ Case 310 G dozer
Thanks for information I’ve been calling a few no luck yet