Case 430

/ Case 430 #1  

P59

Tractor
Case 430
I am looking for a front rim for my case 430. They made them with a few different sizes but I need a 15”. Any help appreciated.

/ Case 430 #2  
Looking at the Case/IH online parts book, the 430 came with 16" rims, but different width's. Schematic, Manuals, Specifications and Diagrams for front wheels, general purpose and utility wheels, hubs and weights, prior to s/n 8262800 Case IH | MyCNHi US Store

Being yours has 15", I'd suspect a PO has used wheels off an older pickup, or car with 15" wheels, with same lug spacing, and center hole. Lug spacing usually isn't hard to find, to match a fit, but center hole can be. Might want to look real close, to see if the center has been cut to fit, as I believe those may be a load bearing, type wheel, where the hole in the rim fits pretty snug on the hub, to carry the load. If there is no apparent cut, then do some measuring on the open center, and lug spacing. It should fit some automotive application, and find one in a junkyard pretty reasonable.

/ Case 430
The rims don’t seem to be altered. I ordered a 6x15 from Yesterdays tractor to find it’s a 6x16 5/8 which seems considerably larger to me. I don’t know if using it would be that noticeable. They are in the process of checking their stock to see if there could be a mix up. I may take your suggestion looking in the junkyard. Thank you!

/ Case 430 #4  
Is it 5 or 6 lug. Most tractors and implements used a 6 lug rim. Is your 430 a loader tractor? IIRC, the 430 is considered a "construction" or "CK" series. You could probably run both 15" and 16" wheel but the 16" would raise that side of the bucket just a bit. Not sure if it would make a lot of difference. Just depends on what you are doing with it.