Case 530 ck questions

/ Case 530 ck questions #1  

Smokeonthewater

Silver Member
Tractor
2010d
I just drug home a new to me 1963 530 CK...
Will have several questions...

It is a dry clutch shuttle shift trans and I haven't had any luck looking up fluid capacities...

Steering wheel SUX... gives me a rash every time I touch it... fiberglass impregnated???
In my searching so far it seems like it's gonna be over $150 to replace it but maybe someone knows otherwise?
It's hydro steer w orbital directly below the wheel

Have been pondering changing the seats out for a single turn around seat... any thoughts on that....

That is all for now but will be more I'm sure...

Screenshot_20230504-235923_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230505-000011_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
   / Case 530 ck questions #2  
Here's a link to manuals for the 530 Case CK. Case 530CK - Manuals I found it years ago when I bought a Case 310B, a lot of the info is also the same so found it pretty helpful.

The easiest way I found for finding parts for these older machines, is to use the OEM part number. Copy and paste the part number to a good search engine, and you should get numerous hits. Google seem to work best for me. You should find the steering wheel part # in the parts manual for the tractor.

If still pricey on results you may find, they do make sealer kits for steering wheels, just have to do a search for that too. Did a quick look and they aren't cheap either, but less than $ 150.00 for another wheel. Some of the guy's in our tractor club have put multiple coats of paint on theirs. Maybe a couple coats to make the fibers stand out, then sand of, then add multiple coats.

Not sure about the single turn around seat. The control tower for the hoe sets pretty high. Higher than the one on my 480C I replaced the 310B with, with turn around seat. Even fully extended I'm thinking you'll still be reaching up pretty high to reach the controls, let alone the foot swing.

/ Case 530 ck questions #3  
Have a look around at
e-backhoeparts.com
Or tractorstuff..
It’s run by a fella named Dale Weiss.. Super knowledgeable on all things Case.. he runs a case salvage yard.. if he doesn’t have it, he knows where to get it..
If u tell’m u got his info from me, you’ll get the “brother in-law” prices..
Good luck

/ Case 530 ck questions
Thanks guys...
Upon closer inspection one of my 3 spokes is broken so a new wheel it is...
Looks like it is 36 spline 1 7/8 diameter
I've found a couple cheaper options w a little smaller diameter and non center cap style ie exposed nut listed for combines... seems like they would work and since I can steer it w my pinky I don't see the smaller diameter as a problem...

I'm getting a terrible howling in road gear... just a theory but I'm thinking bull spur bearings...
Do those come out with just removing the brakes and pull the cage?

I downloaded the manuals but hard to make that stuff out especially on my little phone screen

/ Case 530 ck questions #5  
The bull pinion gears are accessible by removing the brake housing and cage, but the repair manual says to only remove one side at a time. Taking both out at the same time will allow the pinion drive inside to drop. I don't know if the 530's upgraded the fasteners to "bolt" the cages to the diffy housing, but on the 310B's it is held in place by a short, I believe 3, 3/8" screws with a very large Phillips head screw. They're only torqued to around 10-15 in. lbs. so not difficult to get out, but even with the largest Phillips screwdriver I had, a couple of them wanted to cam out some. I got replacement Gr. 5 screws of the same dimensions, but with a female hex drive at Fastenal. So much easier when torquing back in.

I'd imagine those manuals would be difficult to see on a phone, that's why I love my PC with large screen. You can copy the link and send it to yourself if you have a PC/laptop, makes it so much easier to look at. Plus, still connected to my trusty printer to make copies of certain pages to take to the shop.

I saved it to my favorites list years ago for instances like this for someone who has one of these older hoes. I've posted the link to it more than several times.

/ Case 530 ck questions
Thanks
I do have a pc and have it hooked to a 47" tv but no internet at home and haven't even turned the computer on in a couple years...

/ Case 530 ck questions #7  
Not sure if you can save that file to your phone, then download to a thumb drive, via the USB port, then view, or download to your computer or not. I know one of the guys in the tractor club did that with a video he'd taken of us planting potatoes last year, then gave me the thumb drive to download on my PC, then sent it to my Youtube page to publish.

There is a lot of useful info on that page if you can. Part numbers being most important when looking for parts.

/ Case 530 ck questions
Found a 2" smaller steering wheel with a center cap with what looks to be the correct shaft size and spline count for @$50
Crossed fingers and ordered it 🤞🏻

/ Case 530 ck questions
I said 1 7/8" above... typo... it is 7/8"

/ Case 530 ck questions
Had to do a little grinding to make the new wheel fit right but saved $100 on it and it works great!
20230512_164942.jpg