Case 580ck

/ Case 580ck #1  

Trandy45

Tractor
Case 580ck
Hi all, first post here. A few months ago I picked up a case 580ck with a backhoe attachment, the tractor has a rear pto and 3 point arms that came with it and I can tell someone made the mounts for the backhoe, Im trying to find out which model backhoe it is as I need a manual and some cylinder rebuild kits but the only thing I can make out on the tag is the serial #. I took it to a case dealer and they told me they thought it was a model 33 but not sure, anybody have any ideas?
20210502_064740.jpg
20210506_135647.jpg
20210502_064740.jpg
20210501_172231.jpg

/ Case 580ck #2  
could be a 26. I have 2 1968 580ck's with 33's on them and a 35 hoe off a 580 B model tractor.
There are a couple different style rods in them. The bolt on piston or the big nut threaded on the bottom.
The number should be stamped on the tag with the serial number but seams to be missing on yours.
I dont think there is a great lot of difference in them, except the 35 has 2 boom cylinders and built in boom lock which the smaller models didnt have.
I have manuals for the 33's and rebuilt my cylinders 20 years ago.
I have the packing numbers from my parts book.
There are different size cylinders on them with different dia shafts. You will have to measure them. (example: 3 1/2 bore with 1 3/4 dia shaft)
IF yours is actually a 33 and it might be according to the serial number, then it would use the same kits as mine did.
The cylinders in my book show #4176351 and later, (yours being 4197453 making it a later model AND most likely a #33)
Mine has the U-type press in outer rod wiper seals. ----some were flat snap-in seals.You have to figure that part out before getting kits for them.
Let me know which cylinders you have apart and we can figure out which kits you need. Some of them had the cylinders changed to the new style so dont order parts before you have the cylinders apart! --- AND work on only one at a time! lol! -- parts wont mix well!
Getting that teflon inner seal in is a btch too! lol!

/ Case 580ck #3  
Open this link,and see if it will help what you're looking for. The 33 hoe was used on several models. I had one on my old 310B. Case 530CK - Manuals

/ Case 580ck
I appreciate the responses guys, Im leaning towards just ordering the manual for the tractor itself and a 33 backhoe. I didn't realize there were that many different models with the attached operator seat. I was hoping to get the parts before disassembly but if thats not possible then I'll dig in first I suppose.

/ Case 580ck
The swing cylinder pins/bushings also have a lot of slop in them on the backhoe side, another thing I need to tackle

/ Case 580ck #6  
Pretty sure you'll find the cylinder part number stamped on the trunion end. Even with the parts manual, you'll have to look and see which cylinder you have. Case was great at changing parts through a production run, with breaks at certain serial numbers.

/ Case 580ck
I looked all over these cylinders but didn't find anything. I'll start with the manuals, I just wanted to make sure I'm getting the correct one for the model, thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it very much

/ Case 580ck #8  
You have to know which cylinder style you have, ---somebody may have replaced one of yours with a newer style and that will take a different kit! MOST of these old 33's had newer stuff put on them over the years making it hard to work on them! I never found any numbers on any of the cylinders on mine either----just went by the parts book pix.! Hang in there and dont give up on it ! LOL! I am just telling you what you COULD run into, so watch close to see for sure what you have.

/ Case 580ck #9  
I ended up taking mine to a local hydraulic shop that does a lot of heavy equipment cylinders. By the time I bought a decent spanner to remove the end, and the seal kit from Case, plus if IIRC, torque the end back to 400+ ft. lbs. I let them do it. They did it for $75, approx. what I would have had in the spanner, and seal kit, plus I got a 30 day warranty. It's been approx. 8 years, and still holding..!! Worth it to me..!!

/ Case 580ck #10  
3 foot pipe wrench for spanner here! lol! --- Some of mine came loose by sticking a punch in spanner hole and smack it. Usually not very tight, BUT be sure to remove that little lock screw before you move anything! Case was great for stickin them in there and most have been gotten rid of over the years, but check first to be sure! lol!