Case Farmall 75A review

/ Case Farmall 75A review #51  
I did not know how this would be done but thanks for letting me know it is an option Kit. I have found no problems with my 65A. When it was new (1.5 years ago) the 3pt did not lower at a reasonable speed but they adjusted that nicely. Can not find the adjustment for that, turns out there is no control for that inside the cab as most tractors have.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #52  
I did not know how this would be done but thanks for letting me know it is an option Kit. I have found no problems with my 65A. When it was new (1.5 years ago) the 3pt did not lower at a reasonable speed but they adjusted that nicely. Can not find the adjustment for that, turns out there is no control for that inside the cab as most tractors have.
DB Pilot, to lower the three point a little faster I often press the auto lower button on the right side fender in against the spring. I assume your tractor has this function. Also on Youtube I saw a video by "CenTex Ag" make an adjustment on a Workmaster 75 which is the same tractor with blue body parts.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #53  
I have been thinking about a grapple for the Case 65A. On the side of the FEL control arm I see a button to operate a grapple. Wondering if anyone has experience with that? The button would mean that the electrical is hooked up to operate a diverter, but does this tractor have a diverter already?

So, anyone here know what Has to be done to put a grapple on this tractor. Can't find anything in the manual about that.
I took the covers off around the base of my FEL lever and found that the button has a short length of wire with a connector that is not connected to anything. I have seen the "kits" listed on the parts list for loaders at the Messicks.com for this tractor model. There are some companies that produce generic diverter kits as well.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #54  
Creekdrifter, You're right about pressing the auto lower button. I forgot I was doing that before the dealer adjustment. On right side rear of tractor is a threaded rod that they adjusted, since I did not do the work I don't know if they tightened or loosened the nut. But has been working very well since. I will check out Messicks.com, Thanks.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #55  
After contacting Bryan 45 about his clutch slipping I checked my clutch linkage and found my cable outer jacket had split and was allowing the actual cable to slip out like a hernia. A temporary fix eliminated the slipping issue and now I'm waiting for a new cable to arrive. Thanks Bryan 45!

/ Case Farmall 75A review #56  
Howdy. I bought the Farmall 75A without doing a lot of deep looking. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the oil filter off. Sheesh! Not in the service manual or the owner manual.

Any help appreciated

We had a third function kit added when we bought it and it seems wonky. Also, the quick attach levers are not super sturdy.... I bent one and I am not that strong of a person!

Farmall 75A bought 2021

Aggie83

/ Case Farmall 75A review #57  
Aggie83, At the 50 hour oil change for a new tractor I found that their was no way to get any of the filters off. They are on very tight and I have suspected that they are put on in the factory with out lubrication of the oil seal. Fortunately after several calls to my dealer they informed me that there were 4 factory recall adjustments I could get. So they were able to pick up and deliver the tractor free and I had them do the filter and fluid changes at the same time. And your right the manual was no help at all. I assume the dealer had the right tools for removing the original filters. I also have a Cub Cadet UTV and found the same problem with the much smaller oil filter. My solution there was to buy the correct oil filter cup to get the filter off as it was again in a limited space and overly tight. Youtube has some videos with some very bad ideas on how to get a stuck filter off. I suggest not trying any of them...

Oh yes I bent the QA lever myself, there seems to be a catch in the plunger, so sometimes it works and sometimes hangs up??? And I super lubed it.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #58  
I can say without a doubt that I would not recommend the A series tractors. Between my uncle and I we’ve had 3, and all of them have been constant problems.

Hydraulics and fit and finish seem to be the main problems, which is a shame because the tractor is pretty nice.

My dealer is swapping me into a C series for a little upgrade fee so I’m out of A series for now.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #59  
My 65A is now 3 years old. Suddenly the PTO would not engage. I looked around and under the tractor just behind the fuel tank is a part called an adjusting sleeve. it had slipped off and was hanging on the cable. I loosened the allen screw, pushed it back on, tightened the allen screw and PTO started working again. For one day only. I will look at it today but now the PTO will not shut off. Had to turn the tractor off with PTO engaged and now I cannot start the tractor.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #60  
Tractor started by sliding the sleeve off and pushing the exposed rod in.