CASE Guys

/ CASE Guys #41  
1) the only advantage Deere has is the size of their dealer network and the perception that they are more 'American' that other brands. All else being equal I would buy the Yanmar over the Deere all day long and twice on Sunday.

2) when I was looking, the Yanmar was not priced remotely close to the LS for similar tractors. That and the fact that the only dealer within 2 hour drive had just opened its doors kept me from buying Yanmar.

3) unless the issue is strictly the dealership, you would be better off to buy the LS over the CNH twins that they make. Prices are much better and you can still get parts at the CNH dealership.

I really wanted CaseIH to make a tractor I could love. Nostalgia as a kid growing up around IH. Too many factors made that a no-go.

I like Case-IH, too. Soon after you look at their tractors under 100HP (maybe even 125HP) you realize Case-IH doesn’t have much input into their actual manufacturing. I think “Turk Tractor” builds their larger small tractors.
Still good tractors, but I think Massey Ferguson still builds their own larger small tractors. It might be in a foreign land, now.

/ CASE Guys #42  
I like Case-IH, too. Soon after you look at their tractors under 100HP (maybe even 125HP) you realize Case-IH doesn’t have much input into their actual manufacturing. I think “Turk Tractor” builds their larger small tractors.
Still good tractors, but I think Massey Ferguson still builds their own larger small tractors. It might be in a foreign land, now.
Türk Traktör is a CNH Industrial company/joint venture, so not sure if that means CNH builds them or not… But I am happy with my 75C…

Last edited:
   / CASE Guys #43  
Fortunately, my JD dealer, United Ag & Turf is only a mile down the road and they treat me very well. Most folks I know that trade with them seem pleased with the service they get as well.
That's the ones. You may have a rare good one of their stores. Around here they don't care about small operators.

/ CASE Guys #45  

My Massey 5711D is a French-built tractor. Most of their tractors in the Utility and smaller Ag class models are made in Brazil for the North American market.

/ CASE Guys #46  
That's the ones. You may have a rare good one of their stores. Around here they don't care about small operators.

Yes, sounds like he is lucky enough to be near a good dealership. Can't say the same for the ones in Southern Oklahoma and East Texas that I have gone to.

With United Ag and Turf being a huge conglomerate, I'm sure there is some variation in the dealerships in terms of customer service experience.