Case IH 255 with overheated motor.

/ Case IH 255 with overheated motor.
Got the pistons out. Cylinders one and three show no signs of damage. #2 is scuffed up up pretty good. I found some parts for the repair from a company in Las Vegas. NCW Tractor Parts, LLC Anyone ever had any dealings with them? They have a much better parts selection for the K3E than Weaver. Not sure if they drop ship from china or have an actual US warehouse. Will find out next week I guess.

IMG_3626.JPGIMG_3625.JPG

/ Case IH 255 with overheated motor. #12  
I bought some parts from them, and they shipped fast. That's the best I can tell. But I never ordered engine parts from them.

Your pistons looks waaaay better than mine did for darn sure. You should be able to get it back together rather easily.

/ Case IH 255 with overheated motor. #13  
Another thing while you're at it, I learned it on mine : save yourself some trouble, and change the water pump. Mine was failed, and I realized it after putting the bloc back together.

But on an overheated bloc, you can almost be sure the seals of the water pump are out (over pressure of water boiling, seals cooked...)

It was frustrating to wait another week for this thing to hit my door, and putting the front appart to get to it afterwards.

Thanks I am waiting on the piston to get here before I order any more parts. I am thinking the #2 cylinder may have an injector stuck open. Going to test them once I get it put back together. I still have to pick up the other tractor to get the radiator. Still not convinced it was run hot. 1 and three show no damage. all the damage was in the #2 cylinder. It did spring a leak in the radiator but it was gone before I got the tractor.

/ Case IH 255 with overheated motor. #15  
If you do pick up that Mitsubishi tractor for the radiator, let me know.

If it is a MT250, I'll be highly interested in some parts (sheet metal, hood, handles, etc ... )

Thanks !

/ Case IH 255 with overheated motor. #16  
From the view of it, the injectors of my 254 international and Mitsubishi are the same. I bet you you can pick the injectors from the Mitsubishi k3h engine and put it in your 255. The injection pump does the dosing job anyway..

Got the cylinder honed today and the gasket surfaces cleaned. Parts from NCW Tractor Parts, LLC were sitting on the porch when I got home. Four business days from placing my order is not bad. Tomorrow I am picking up the donor tractor for the radiator. I hope to get the piston in it and get it put back together tomorrow afternoon. Need to test the injectors also. Will try to get some shots of the donor tractor tomorrow and post my progress tomorrow evening.

/ Case IH 255 with overheated motor. #18  
did you notice any ridges on top of your cylinders ? Just curious...

Did you end up buying new pistons for it ?

I only bought one piston. The other two were not damaged. There was no ring ridge. The motor has less than 250 hours on it. Only honed the damaged cylinder. The damaged cylinder is the only one getting new rings. The replacement piston does not have the valve reliefs like the factory pistons. It will be interesting to see if there is any difference in static compression. I also want to get a weight comparison between the two pistons.

Got the engine back together enough to test fire it. Still have to get the radiator mounted. Forgot to get a shot of the donor tractor when I dropped it off at my farm.
K3E test fire - YouTube