CASE IH Farmall 70A versus Zetor Major 80

/ CASE IH Farmall 70A versus Zetor Major 80 #1  

klancf51

Silver Member
Tractor
CASE IH, Massey Ferguson, Ford
On the buying-pricing-comparisons forum I have been asked there about how we made our purchase decision and I'm migrating the response to this forum.
I understand that the Zetor Major 80 and the CASE IH Farmall 75C are more in the same performance class than the 70A, but Zetor Major 65 wasn't available. However, the Zetor Major 80 and the Farmall 70A are more in the same price class.
in Nov-2017 I had firm quotes:
  • CASE IH Farmall 70A w/L555 MSL Loader + Rear Weights-> $32500
  • Zetor Major 80 w/ZL31 NSL Loader + Rear Weights -> $35490
  • The CASE IH dealer is 20 miles away, the Zetor dealer is 103 miles away.
  • Both tractors have open station platform w/ FOPS (no cab). Zetor has up-swept exhaust
  • Both tractors have 4 wheel drive.
  • Both tractor engines do not require DEF.

We selected the CASE IH Farmall 70A based on the following factors:
  1. The 70A has an under-swept exhaust. It can maneuver in our low clearance areas with no issues. The Zetor open station FOPS with an up-swept exhaust is kind of nonsensical.
  2. Dealer also included: bio-filled rears, block heater, 2nd rear remote, and a set of SSL pallet forks.
  3. CASE IH has top-notch service literature (pricey but well-done).
  4. CASE IH has the complete parts list and diagrams available on-line.
  5. CASE IH parts can be purchased on-line.
  6. Neighboring farms are using CNH (CASE IH, New Holland).
  7. Dealer reputation and CASE IH brand strength.
  8. Price / value proposition.
I believe Zetor makes outstanding tractors that have an appealing value proposition, but they have work to do on the product sales/support side.
The Farmall 70A value proposition is just terrific. So far I've had a few minor issues with the Farmall 70A - I'll start a thread on these when I get a chance.

/ CASE IH Farmall 70A versus Zetor Major 80 #2  
Congrats on your purchase. Thanks for the breakdown on how you decided to go with the Case. Curious to hear about the issues you've had. Hopefully nothing significant and all taken care of under warranty.

/ CASE IH Farmall 70A versus Zetor Major 80 #3  
I own a Case 75a and have had good luck with it over the last 3 Years, only needing to replace a $20 ECM. Hopefully you will have the same luck with yours