Case IH Farmall Beeps

/ Case IH Farmall Beeps #1  

dpauly

Tractor
Branson 3120R
My 2016 50A "beeps" for no apparent reason. Started several months ago. The ignition is not on; I can remove the key altogether yet it will still do so at random times. (Beeps approx 5 times then shuts down until later.) All controls, brakes, etc. are set as they should be when dismounting the tractor. I called the dealer I bought it new from (B&S Tractor - 60 miles away in Eliz. City, NC) and they couldn't (wouldn't?) tell me what it is an alert for or why it might be activating (won't be buying anything from these people again & I might even be soured to Case altogether with this kind of "Customer No Service" as Clark Howard calls it. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance.

/ Case IH Farmall Beeps #2  
Can you describe the beep a little more? Is it loud or soft? Is this a cabbed unit and you can only hear it in the cabin?

/ Case IH Farmall Beeps #3  
I have had beepers like that go off only to find out that it was an emergency brake stuck on, or something like that.

Maybe call another Case-IH dealer. They make good tractors.

Last edited:
   / Case IH Farmall Beeps #4  
I've seen that series beep like that when you get off the tractor without the emergency brake set.

SR

/ Case IH Farmall Beeps
My 2016 50A "beeps" for no apparent reason. Started several months ago. The ignition is not on; I can remove the key altogether yet it will still do so at random times. (Beeps approx 5 times then shuts down until later.) All controls, brakes, etc. are set as they should be when dismounting the tractor. I called the dealer I bought it new from (B&S Tractor - 60 miles away in Eliz. City, NC) and they couldn't (wouldn't?) tell me what it is an alert for or why it might be activating (won't be buying anything from these people again & I might even be soured to Case altogether with this kind of "Customer No Service" as Clark Howard calls it. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance.
First, I paid more attention to the beeps and it's often more like 10 beeps; not 5. Thinking Hay Dude & Sawyer Rob are probably right - a stuck switch or something on the parking brake /shift levers but like I mentioned in the original, all of these are always in the correct position (E brake set; levers in Neutral when dismounting the tractor. Will have to check to see if any of the safety switches on these components are remaining depressed despite levers being in correct positions. For K51wq, we have no cab and the beeps seem quite loud. LATE NOTE: since writing this I pressure washed some of the tractor and have noticed the beeps have mostly subsided; so perhaps any stuck switches have been returned to their proper positions. Thanks all for your input.