Case IH Survey

/ Case IH Survey #1  

Ford850

Tractor
Case DX55, Ford 850
I got a call last evening asking if I had 15 - 20 minutes to discuss my CaseIH DX55 I purchased over a year ago. I agreed, and he proceded through a series of questions regarding overall satisfaction with fit, finish, quality, power, starting, fuel usage, ease of use, fluid leaks, maintenance, hooking up implements, dash layout, controls, levers, comfort, implements that I use, noise, loader function and speed, etc etc etc. It was a VERY thorough survey and covered every aspect of the tractor I would ever imagine rating. In the end he asked "If there was one thing you could change about the tractor, what would it be"?
The only question that I gave a low rating was the parking brake lever. I rambled on about how and why I thought it was a poor design, and he took it all down. He also said he heard that complaint often and figured Case would be making a change.
It is great to know that CaseIH cares about their product and their customers' feedback. The best part was they didn't call me a week after I bought it, but waited until I had some good experience with it.

/ Case IH Survey #2  
My neighbor has a bigger version, I think 75HP, really nice tractor and if your park brake is located in the same place as his, I have to agree that it is in a poor location. His park brake is on the left practically under the edge of the seat and the PTO lever is where I would expect the park brake to be, they're both on the left, but have to reach under the seat to get the park brake.

/ Case IH Survey
milkman said:
My neighbor has a bigger version, I think 75HP, really nice tractor and if your park brake is located in the same place as his, I have to agree that it is in a poor location. His park brake is on the left practically under the edge of the seat and the PTO lever is where I would expect the park brake to be, they're both on the left, but have to reach under the seat to get the park brake.
Yes it's under the left side of the seat. The location doesn't bother me too much now that I'm used to it. The problem is that it is difficult to set. It sticks when pulled, and releases on it's own occasionally which sounds the alarm. I've looked at it and can't see why it is so stiff to work. I thought I had a bad cable and figured I would replace it someday, but after hearing it is a common complaint it doesn't sound like a new cable would improve things.