Case NH parts equipment interchange? DX33?

/ Case NH parts equipment interchange? DX33? #1  

cabzjam1

Tractor
? Undecided
Looking at a used DX33. Seems like a good price. However dealer thinks alot of a new MMM. Found a new NH 914A 60" MMM and was wondering if this is the same unit that Case offers for the DX? Any help would be appreciated. I may purchase the tractor this week and want to start finding a deck before summer.

/ Case NH parts equipment interchange? DX33? #2  
I just purchased a used NH 914 A 72" from a NH dealer for my Case IH DX29. $800 better than $3000. I ordered the mounting brackets from CaseIH and the parts showed up blue.?? I had to order the Gator mower blades from NH cause two CaseIH dealers said they were not available for their mower.

/ Case NH parts equipment interchange? DX33?
Thanks for the info. I thought that might be the case. No pun intended. How well do you like the deck? I hear that the gator blades really improve the performance of the deck. I am looking at a used tractor that seems to be a good deal. The dealer that has the tractor is pushing me toward a Woods RFM. I just don't think I will like the RFM as much as the MMM. This year I plan on leveling my yard and filling in low spots, back filling around the house etc. Adding some top soil and then investing in some seed around fall. Next spring I hope to have a nice stand and need to be able keep it well maintained.

Some folks opinions around here is that a 72" deck does not conture as well as a 60"? However trying to mow at least 3AC maybe 5AC every week leads me to want the 72". Any advice on this?

/ Case NH parts equipment interchange? DX33? #4  
If you don't have any trees to go around or alot of trimming to do then I would go with the RFM. You will get a better job of mowing. However, if you have trees and trimming the RFM can be a pain in the a$$. Mowing around trees your mower actually pulls away from the tree. The RFM is a lot easier to put on and take off. The MMM is a bit tougher to put on and take off. I have a lot of trees so I elected to take the New Holland 72" with my TC29D. I like the way it mows now that I have the gator blades. As far as the 60" and the 72", I had the 60" on my TC21D and I could mow closer to the ground as I have hilly train. The 72" will start scuffing if I set it to low.

murph

I think I can adapt to a RFM. I like the idea that I can remove it easier. Kind of concerned with the quality of cut and how quick I can adapt. 72" cuts down on time but worried about the high and low areas of yard. If I follow the contour of the lot then it should be fine, but who has the time for that. Maybe I can level it up enough that it will not matter. Would a price of $2K be good for a Woods RD7200? This is supposed to be a good mower. The specs online look good. I will be driving the tractor tomorrow and may purchase with the mower to get a better deal on both. Thanks.

/ Case NH parts equipment interchange? DX33? #6  
I have mowed with a RFM for 25 yrs. Yes, mowing around items is a little harder. I bought a mid mount for the DX29, so it would be easier for my son to use. You can swing that RFM into things very easy. (Don't ask) I haven't used my the mid mount yet. I would recommend gator blades to anyone for any mower. I think it gives you the best cut that you can get.

/ Case NH parts equipment interchange? DX33? #7  
60" vs 72" Hmmm, I agree 60 contours best. When I bought my current house, I spend a bunch of money to have the back two acres pushed flat. It made a nice place for the barn and a great ball field for my boys. The 72" will work well there. I wonder how well the DX29 will turn a 72" mower deck? Anyone have this setup?

/ Case NH parts equipment interchange? DX33? #8  
I have a TC29D with the 72" mower and it handles it fine. On my steep hills I do have to slow down some but you also have to remember that I have the Gator blades on which do suck a lot more horsepower than the standard blades.

murph

Heres what happened. I took delivery today (3/9/05) of a used DX33 with 93hrs on the meter. I missed out on the 914A that was for sale due to my procrastination in buying the tractor. Wanted to make sure that it was what I wanted. So I went ahead and got a new Woods RD7200 RFM. As I was pondering purchasing the tractor without any equipment and I could not get over the idea of getting it home and not beiing able to put it to work. Put about 1.5 hours on the meter and have around 3 of 5 acres mowed. Now its off to work to pay for new stuff for the machine. I'll see how the mower works out but I'm OK with it right now. Thanks for the information.