Case TR320 Low Flow Auxiliary Hydraulics Problem

/ Case TR320 Low Flow Auxiliary Hydraulics Problem #1  

RDrancher

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland
This problem is regarding my Case CTL.

When running a brush cutter or Harley rake, any input using the machine main hydraulics cuts power to the attachment. This includes the left joystick (directional control) and the right joystick (loader functions). This problem seems to get worse the longer I operate the attachment, especially when the fluid has warmed up. The problem is worse when attempting to change the direction of the attachment to reverse rotation.

The unit is an E/H system, low-flow only. The auxiliary hydraulics are controlled by a proportional valve through a roller switch on the joystick. The roller switch offers forward and reverse direction of the attachment.

The machine has two 1/2" work ports (male and female couplers) and one 3/8" case drain (female coupler.) For the above attachments, both 1/2" work ports are used.

The way my dealer explained it, both of these attachments are taking enough flow away from the machine for the computer(?) to sense and give priority back to the machine controls, shutting off the attachment. He say's that most of their customers only use buckets and the occasional auger which doesn't take much flow, so they've never run into this problem. I'm questioning the explanation since my machine has way more flow than the attachments require. My machine's flow is 24.2 gpm. I've operated both of these attachments numerous times with rented Kubota SVL75's that only have 18.8 gpm flow and have never had an issue.

The dealer's "fix" idea is to switch the 3/8" case drain to a 1/2" male coupler reduced to the 3/8" fitting and use this fitting and the 1/2" female work port to operate the attachments. The problem is that the attachments will only operate in one direction if it's hooked up that way. The brush cutter I use at this time is a rental, so (even though I like to treat rentals like my own) I'm not all that worried about blade wear in one direction. But if I can't make the drum on the Harley rake turn in the forward direction, I can't use the attachment when traveling in reverse. And...what if the direction now available IS forward and I can't use the rake while driving forward after changing the fittings?

I'm really questioning the dealer's "fix". Sounds like a bandaid to me. Any ideas?