Cat 257b all terrain loader Auxilliary Hydraulics

/ Cat 257b all terrain loader Auxilliary Hydraulics
This post has been sitting around for 2 years now. I so who would have thought that I would wait.I solved the problem with a pair of wire cutters, 3 pieces of wire (actually old vacuum cleaner wire) and a 3 way toggle switch from NAPA. I cut the wire to the solenoids and because they are isolated from engine ground connected one of the new wires to one side of the solenoids and one end of the other 2 wires to the poles on the switch. that way left power to one solenoid, right to the other solenoid. I don't use a backhoe so the 500$ switch just sits there. My total cost was about $5 and everything works fine,by the way i picked up the 12 and ground from the Aux power outlet and ran the wire the joystick. I also put a inline fuse 10a just to be on the safe side,,

good luck :laughing:

/ Cat 257b all terrain loader Auxilliary Hydraulics #12  
Hello round2it I realize this post is ancient but it’s the only bit of light I have found shed on my problem identical to yours a few years ago. Aux hydraulics not working and needed for a snow plow power angle. Where did you locate the auxiliary hydraulics solenoids?